MY GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3080 TURBO OVERHEATING (sorry im new to pc)

Vissys

I have a 3080 turbo edition and its overheat while playing the most simple things. I have a 360mm rad at the fornt of my case as Intake and One back fan as exhaust (is it possiable that the hot air just sitting in there cause there is only one fan bring the hot air out) I tried to tune the fan curve and I dont know if I just dont know how to do it right or what but it doesnt help I dont know I try to play say Gta 5, Dying light 2 and call of duty they all just shoot up to 80c and I looked it up and it says you shouldnt run a gpu at 80 and when im playing for hours I dont want to burn the gpu or what ever will happen.  What do you guys think?

2 minutes ago, Vissys said:

I have a 3080 turbo edition and its overheat while playing the most simple things. I have a 360mm rad at the fornt of my case as Intake and One back fan as exhaust (is it possiable that the hot air just sitting in there cause there is only one fan bring the hot air out) I tried to tune the fan curve and I dont know if I just dont know how to do it right or what but it doesnt help I dont know I try to play say Gta 5, Dying light 2 and call of duty they all just shoot up to 80c and I looked it up and it says you shouldnt run a gpu at 80 and when im playing for hours I dont want to burn the gpu or what ever will happen.  What do you guys think?

Huh it's the blower card ? yes that cooling suck...

Either watercool it else undervolt it. What's your max power ? Can reduce it a bit as well

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 minute ago, PDifolco said:

Huh it's the blower card ? yes that cooling suck...

Either watercool it else undervolt it. What's your max power ? Can reduce it a bit as well

yea shes a blower its a prebuild how do i undervolt it 

and i try to run them at low and they still overheat and its sad i cant even play a single game and if i can at low i got a 3080 so i can run them at high

eh, just leave it as is. yes it'll run hot, but 80c is still 'within spec' enough to not bother.

also, the card will protect itself if it ever gets too toasty (80c is probably the boost behavior putting it there) so the chance of damage isnt any more than the chance of getting run over on your way to the store.

24 minutes ago, Vissys said:

yea shes a blower its a prebuild how do i undervolt it 

Use MSI afterburner

There's a ton of YT tutorial vids on how to apply it

My advice would be to cap clock at 1860MHz with 0.925 voltage

It's pretty conservative can lower it to 0.875 to 0.9 but can be more prone to instability 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

eh, just leave it as is. yes it'll run hot, but 80c is still 'within spec' enough to not bother.

also, the card will protect itself if it ever gets too toasty (80c is probably the boost behavior putting it there) so the chance of damage isnt any more than the chance of getting run over on your way to the store.

so 80c is fine for this kinda card. and if it is can i run it at 80c for like 8hours at a time or no? and last thing what is the highest i should look out for? like 85c or 90c?

28 minutes ago, Vissys said:

so 80c is fine for this kinda card. and if it is can i run it at 80c for like 8hours at a time or no? and last thing what is the highest i should look out for? like 85c or 90c?

Yep safe until 83C, will throttle above that

But I suppose the fan noise is painful as well when on full speed, that's mostly why I watercooled my 3080 (Gigabyte Eagle), temps where ok but noise was too loud for me

1 hour ago, Vissys said:

the thing to look out for is your own annoyance with the sound of the blower fan, and performance lost because the cardis clocking down.

you're not gonna kill the card.

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the thing to look out for is your own annoyance with the sound of the blower fan, and performance lost because the cardis clocking down.

you're not gonna kill the card.

i dont care about sound at all. so its fine? and i played a dying light 2 and it got to 87c is that still fine?

8 minutes ago, Vissys said:

i dont care about sound at all. so its fine? and i played a dying light 2 and it got to 87c is that still fine?

it's hot, but it's fine.