CHATGPT Edge vs chrome

I found something rather interesting today and just wanted to know if anyone had experienced anything similar.

When ever i try to use chatgpt using chrome, I get a ChatGPT is at capacity right now, message. However, if I use edge, it works immediately. I'm wondering if microsoft is checking the browser being used and giving priority to those using edge over other browsers?

Think about what you just suggested. Do you REALLY think Microsoft would do this kind of dirty tricks?!?

Spoiler

Answer is: ofcourse it would.

5 minutes ago, Budget DIY said:

Think about what you just suggested. Do you REALLY think Microsoft would do this kind of dirty tricks?!?

Hide contents

Answer is: ofcourse it would.

Yup, which is exactly why I raised it. The site is first saying that it is checking to make sure that my connection is secure, and then going to the "at capacity" screen on chrome, or to chatgpt on edge. The reason for the post is to see if the community can establish if it is checking which browser a person is using for the purpose of said dirty tactics, or whether it is down to a security difference between the two browsers. 

i somehow find it extremely unlikely they'd go to this length to use ChatGPT as a hidden marketing tool for edge.

perhaps it's more simple, such as it fingerprints your browser, and allocates time to those with less history (assuming that you've done most of your ChatGPT-ness in chrome, and so far none of it in edge.)