Acer Aspire 7 A715-51G-52MV cpu throttling and thermal problem?

gius_

Hi i've bought less than a month ago an Acer Aspire 7 A715-51G-52MV. I've this issue where the cpu speed is always unstable and the temps go crazy starts at 40*C and with minimum usage, even in idle they start going up and down even till 70°. I tought i had a defective model, and i got it replaced, but even the new one has the same issue. I think the problem is in the cpu or in some power management thing because the only way i managed to get the temps and the core of the cpu stable was by disabling turbo boost with throttleStop. What can i do, i can't work with the fan on 100% speed cause it reach 70° every minute. Every core runs at a diffrent speed and the temps go crazy when they hit max speed. This screenshot was taken while i was typing the post, the only thing open are edge and microsoft teams in background.

image.png.cfa99168ced191ec40128da96bd8dba5.png

Return it this is normal behavior for this laptop as its underspecced in the cooling department tonsilently handle that cpu

So it's like these because the system can't cool the cpu efficiently and it throttle?

So far I could not read any uncommon things for laptops with powerful CPUs. When there is work to do they use the max speed of the CPU to get it done. When the CPU ramps up it produces heat that has to be transported outside the case. Therefore the fans speed up.

The temps are not crazy.

Maybe the cooling in this model is not the best but what is the alternativ? It is a problem of space for a big cooling system (radiators and fans) in laptops.

I had this problem on my DELL laptop too that I could always hear the FAN cooling the system. Now I use a desktop PC with silent water cooling on my all day workplace and the laptop only when travelling.

ThrottleStop is a good tool to stop that behaviour of up and downs.

You can also use Windows built in tools to limit the CPU usage.

You can edit your current power plan and set the "Maximum processor state" to a value lower then 100%.

On a laptop it would also be good to limit the processor state on battery even more to get longer battery time.

99% should already prevent the CPU from using turbo boost.

But this settings comes with a drawback. Your system will get slower.

image.thumb.png.c8214eafcf60b85759ee4796532b60ed.png

Ye i guess, the weird thing it's that it goes max speed when i'm doing nothing. If i sit down and just watch the desktop the cpu clocks go up till max turbo boost speed even if the pc is doing nothing. And that cause the weird temps and the throttling.