Muffled effect sounds in Witcher 3 next gen (PC)

PopsicleHustler

Hello fellow forum members

So this is my last ditch effort to fix this issue. It goes like this - 

Witcher 3 Next Gen update has very muffled / low quality sound effect when your sword hits the enemy. This issue is not present in the 1.32 update (Last update before Next gen). I've seen many people having this issue, but most of them solved it by either turning off audio enchantments, Dolby Atmos or other audio features on both condoles and PCs.

In my case nothing worked. I've tried everything. Turning on/off all of the sounds settings, using USB and optical inputs, fiddling with game settings and audio quality settings. Using Atmos completely messes up the game even more, so I don't use that in this game. 

Yes its very annoying and no I cannot just ignore it. Its this small detail that ruins the entire game for me.

Maybe someone has a miracle cure for this issue? Here is the video of it. Turn down the volume before turning it on, I've recorded on max so that you can hear what I'm talking about.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

1 hour ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Hello fellow forum members

So this is my last ditch effort to fix this issue. It goes like this - 

Witcher 3 Next Gen update has very muffled / low quality sound effect when your sword hits the enemy. This issue is not present in the 1.32 update (Last update before Next gen). I've seen many people having this issue, but most of them solved it by either turning off audio enchantments, Dolby Atmos or other audio features on both condoles and PCs.

In my case nothing worked. I've tried everything. Turning on/off all of the sounds settings, using USB and optical inputs, fiddling with game settings and audio quality settings. Using Atmos completely messes up the game even more, so I don't use that in this game. 

Yes its very annoying and no I cannot just ignore it. Its this small detail that ruins the entire game for me.

Maybe someone has a miracle cure for this issue? Here is the video of it. Turn down the volume before turning it on, I've recorded on max so that you can hear what I'm talking about.

Do you have anything more specific than “next gen”? Like an actual number or something?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Do you have anything more specific than “next gen”? Like an actual number or something?

He probably means the december update that broke SLI support on witcher 3.. but gave it RTX DLSS support. among other things.