Asus B550 Strix ITX USB C issue

Kitsan

I was testing out my motherboard to make it ready for sale, and I noticed that when all USB hub connectors are in place it won't post!

I narrowed it down to the USB C connector, is this a known issue?

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2

6 hours ago, Kitsan said:

I was testing out my motherboard to make it ready for sale, and I noticed that when all USB hub connectors are in place it won't post!

I narrowed it down to the USB C connector, is this a known issue?

Not that I'm aware of.  It could also be an issue with there being some kind of short on the USB header on your case.  If you can test it with another case, which I know is a big ask, you could narrow it down to it being the board or the case.  Either way I'm very sorry to hear that, people are generally very skeptical about buying motherboards with even a single bad header so it kills your sale value.   But this board isn't that old.  Can you still do a warranty claim?

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

I tried it in another case (Meshlicious and Asus Helios) and it has the same issue, i've only had the board for 9 months so I guess I will need to do a claim 😕

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2