ASUS PRIME Z790-P WIFI 14+1 (50 Amps). Can it handle these specs?

Koazy

Im going for 13900KS and DDR5 ram. both will be clocked via XMP from bios Will this be 100% enough with a base OC from XMP for my motherboard to keep up with the cpu and the rest? If not i can do PRIME Z790-A WIFI which has 16+1 (60 Amps).

These are my specs.
GPU: 4080 / 4090
CPU: Intel Core i9-13900KS
Case: Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo
Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm RGB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6200MHz 32GB RGB
PSU: Corsair RMe 1000e 1000W
SSD: Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB
CABLE: LIAN LI STRIMER RGB PSU 24PIN, 3x8PIN
FANCOOLER: LIAN LI UNI FAN SL120 RGB WHITE (10FAN)
PS: GPU WILL MOST LIKELY BE OC OUT OF THE BOX. This is for gaming purposes only!
Will the 14+1 (50 amps) M/B be enough for max gaming , i dont want to risk any lower frequency on my Mhz.

45 minutes ago, Confuted said:

Will the 14+1 (50 amps) M/B be enough for max gaming , i dont want to risk any lower frequency on my Mhz.

The motherboard will be fine, you're mostly going to be limited by cooling capacity to prevent throttling from the 13900KS. I would recommend the ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420 in that case (and a Thermalright CPU Contact Frame for LGA 1700). However, you would have to pick out a different case. The ARTIC cooler won't fit in the Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo.

38 minutes ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

The motherboard will be fine, you're mostly going to be limited by cooling capacity to prevent throttling from the 13900KS. I would recommend the ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420 in that case (and a Thermalright CPU Contact Frame for LGA 1700). However, you would have to pick out a different case. The ARTIC cooler won't fit in the Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo.

I already have the lian li O11 Dynamic Evo here and thats the case i want to build on, but do you think the 13900KS will have any kind of cooling issues from just OC XMP from bios alone, or is this with further overclocking (which i wont do)

53 minutes ago, Confuted said:

I already have the lian li O11 Dynamic Evo here and thats the case i want to build on, but do you think the 13900KS will have any kind of cooling issues from just OC XMP from bios alone, or is this with further overclocking (which i wont do)

In that case I would recommend at least adding the Thermalright CPU Contact Frame to ensure the lowest temperatures. They tend to make a big difference on LGA 1700. XMP just sets your memory to the timings they are supposed to be at. Calling it an overclock is a factoid. It's just sometimes the memory kit you buy doesn't want to run at the timings it's supposed to run at. Meaning you suffer from instability. However, I wouldn't worry about temps increasing from enabling XMP. Further overclocking might prove to be difficult with the cooler you selected, but you say you're not planning on doing that so you're good in that regard. 

23 minutes ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

In that case I would recommend at least adding the Thermalright CPU Contact Frame to ensure the lowest temperatures. They tend to make a big difference on LGA 1700. XMP just sets your memory to the timings they are supposed to be at. Calling it an overclock is a factoid. It's just sometimes the memory kit you buy doesn't want to run at the timings it's supposed to run at. Meaning you suffer from instability. However, I wouldn't worry about temps increasing from enabling XMP. Further overclocking might prove to be difficult with the cooler you selected, but you say you're not planning on doing that so you're good in that regard. 

1. But i remember not getting full value from my i9-9900KS ghz wise, and my memory not going to the advertised mhz After i turned on the XMP i got 5 ghz frequence on each core for my CPU, and the advertised mhz for my ram, am i in the wrong here? i had 2 XMP profiles to choose from. this was the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO, S-1151
    will i get the advertised 6 ghz on the main cores for 13900KS without any problems for gaming, all also include the Thermalright CPU Contact Frame. if no i can do Z790-A 16+1 (60 amps)

33 minutes ago, Confuted said:
  1. But i remember not getting full value from my i9-9900KS ghz wise, and my memory not going to the advertised mhz After i turned on the XMP i got 5 ghz frequence on each core for my CPU, and the advertised mhz for my ram, am i in the wrong here? i had 2 XMP profiles to choose from. this was the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO, S-1151
    will i get the advertised 6 ghz on the main cores for 13900KS without any problems for gaming, all also include the Thermalright CPU Contact Frame. if no i can do Z790-A 16+1 (60 amps)

As far as I know, and in my experience, enabling XMP should not affect the core frequency of your CPU. Enabling XMP does give the advertised MHz of your RAM though.

You will most likely get 6GHz in very rare instances. The cooling required to maintain 6GHz on the 13900K is hefty. People that are getting good results with it have a Cryo Cooling solution and a custom loop. Having the Thermalright Contact Frame will make a big difference with temps though, 5-10°C.

I'm not sure why you think the motherboard is the limitation here. The problem is not the power delivery with these CPUs. The problem is the cooling. 

Since the GPU is likely going to be the limiting component, I don't understand the need for a KS. In fact an i7 can probably provide a similar gaming experience.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

1 hour ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

As far as I know, and in my experience, enabling XMP should not affect the core frequency of your CPU. Enabling XMP does give the advertised MHz of your RAM though.

You will most likely get 6GHz in very rare instances. The cooling required to maintain 6GHz on the 13900K is hefty. People that are getting good results with it have a Cryo Cooling solution and a custom loop. Having the Thermalright Contact Frame will make a big difference with temps though, 5-10°C.

I'm not sure why you think the motherboard is the limitation here. The problem is not the power delivery with these CPUs. The problem is the cooling. 

So you think this will not be enough cooling? NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm RGB if not if i chose to go with the 13900k instead would that be fine?

13 minutes ago, Confuted said:

So you think this will not be enough cooling? NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm RGB

I think with the Kraken and the Contact Frame you will have an excellent setup. However, one review found with the 13900KS that 360mm was not enough cooling capacity at default settings. I'm sure when guides come out for it, there will be tweaks to get 6 GHz consistently while undervolting.

Not sure if you saw it, but check out this review and you will get a better understanding of what I'm trying to explain:

Also, this channel plans on releasing an overclocking guide for the 13900KS, so if you still plan on getting it, keep your eyes peeled for it:

https://www.youtube.com/@SkatterBencher

1 hour ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

I think with the Kraken and the Contact Frame you will have an excellent setup. However, one review found with the 13900KS that 360mm was not enough cooling capacity at default settings. I'm sure when guides come out for it, there will be tweaks to get 6 GHz consistently while undervolting.

Not sure if you saw it, but check out this review and you will get a better understanding of what I'm trying to explain:

Also, this channel plans on releasing an overclocking guide for the 13900KS, so if you still plan on getting it, keep your eyes peeled for it:

https://www.youtube.com/@SkatterBencher

Alrighty i will check that out, i will take your word for it and get the 13900ks, hope to see those tweaks so i get the 6ghz while undervolting! Thanks buddy.

2 hours ago, Confuted said:

Alrighty i will check that out, i will take your word for it and get the 13900ks, hope to see those tweaks so i get the 6ghz while undervolting! Thanks buddy.

Yeah, your setup will be super nice, for sure. 

As far as the tweaks go, also check out Overclock.net. I'm sure they can help you get the best out of the 13900KS in the mean time.

And you're welcome.