USB-C Laptop Dock

RelentlessAF

Hello Everyone,

I am planning on setting up a desk area that is dedicated to "work" to kind of separate my gaming PC from my "workstation". The laptop I'll be using for it however is technically a gaming laptop though but I digress. My intention is for the dock to have all the peripherals plugged into it (Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, etc. ya know... dock stuff) and then when I need to take my laptop somewhere or use it on the couch or something I only need to unplug the one USB-C connection. Realistically I will still need to use the power brick as there is no way I'm getting 200W from USB-C (... unless?)

So my question is, what are your favorite laptop docks for this use case? I've seen a few from Anker and Dell that look like good options. I did some cursory research and docks that send power over USB-C *should* be overridden by the power adapter internally since it provides more sufficient power.

If it is relevant I have an Asus Zephyrus G15 2021 Laptop with a 5900HS and RTX 3070.

Thanks in Advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Amazon.com: Docking Station,UtechSmart 19 in 1 Quadruple Display Laptop USB C Docking Station,USB C Hub Dock 3 HDMI Adapter for MacBook&Windows (3 HDMI,VGA,PD 3.0,Ethernet,SD/TF Card Reader,Audio,6 USB Ports) : Electronics

I use my dock the same way you (plugging in all my peripherals), but instead of plugging into my laptop, I have it plugged into my desktop for easier cable management. I've had it for over a year with no issues with it so far, but just based on the on-paper specs alone, I think you have a strong contender here as long as you don't mind it being not as "legit". I had it output to a display with no issues, and my computer recognizes everything I plug in. The only real advantage Anker has over UtechSmart is it's just a bit smaller if you care about how portable it is.

In short, it works as it should. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
CPU Cooler: Lian Li GALAHAD AIO 360 RGB, Lin Li UniFan V2 x9
Motherboard: Asus ProArt B550-CREATOR
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Xtreem ARGB 64 GB (4x 16 GB) DDR4-4000
Video Card: ASRock Taichi OC Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 GT