Which PSU should I use?

So I'm building a computer soon, and I'm having trouble deciding between these two power supplies. I know wattage is important, as is the power efficiency rating and build quality (thus the reason I'm choosing to buy my PSU from a reputable brand) but what else do I need to consider? Right now I'm trying to decide between the Corsair TX650M 650W or SeaSonic M12II 620 620W but I am open to suggestions. I don't entirely know if this information is necessary, but the PSU will power my rig that contains a i5-4670k CPU and GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II GPU. (I've used Power calculators and have come to the conclusion that both these PSUs satisfy my necessary wattage.

tl;dr  Corsair TX650M 650W or SeaSonic M12II 620 620W and why?

Thanks in advance!

Which is cheaper?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

They're both made by Seasonic anyway as far as I'm aware so I'd just go with whichever is cheapest in your region.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

the most silent one

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I'm kind of a Corsair fanboy so i would go with the TX650M but if the Seasonic one is cheaper go with that.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

the corsair, that way you dont have to ever consider 'which 12v rail am i using?' with the seasonic. M12II...M means modular, 12 means fan size and II means two 12V rails.

Texas, that's TX.

The price difference is almost negligible (Corsair is $5 cheaper). Not too sure about which one is more quiet. If they are relatively equal performance wise, I guess I'll just use my own discretion and pick one of the two?

A 550W power supply would be more than enough to power this system as this power hungry cpu overclocked system took 304W at load and it still leaves room for GPU overclocking: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_770_review,5.html

Where are you planning to buy these from and what is your budget?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Yeah I plan to overclock both my GPU and CPU. My budget is pretty flexible, but I want to get the greatest value for my money. I don't want to spend an extra $40 just to get a bit of a performance increase if you catch my drift. ~$100 seems appropriate. I live in Canada where parts are more expensive, and I plan from buying it either from NCIX, Canada Computers or maybe Newegg.

Thanks for all the input, I'll definitely take all your advice into consideration.

They're both made by Seasonic anyway as far as I'm aware so I'd just go with whichever is cheapest in your region.

The Corsair TX650M is made by CWT - not Seasonic.

tl;dr  Corsair TX650M 650W or SeaSonic M12II 620 620W and why?

The TX650M. The Seasonic is an entry-level group-regulated design, where it offer looser voltage regulation than the DC-DC secondary of the TX650M.

Do you have any plans to SLI?

I don't plan to SLI anytime soon, but I might in the future. Why do you ask?