Help needed with diagnosing a problem !

Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

I'd keep trying to find a way to boot with SINGLE/Individual sticks of Ram as a starting point...
Go back to Basics,.. Mobo/CPU/1 stick of Ram/GPU//PSU/Keyboard without anything else connected.

One by one RAM stick, in each slot, will it boot with one of these configs..
Then if it boots,... take it from there.

Assuming something IS bad when troubleshooting is a bad idea,.......iE "Old AMD GPU"  because now you don't even consider RAM to be the culprit and may miss something if you lay it all on the "Old AMD GPU" Then you might spend money on a replacement GPU to find its one of the RAM sticks all along.

1 stick at a time, each slot would be where I start.

Hi there people. I need help with building my computer. I purchased the parts from a random guy on Facebook marketplace, who actually ripped me off buy advertising a low-end system as a high end one. I successfully got a post out of the system, However after tinkering with the RAM settings in the BIOS, the system no longer gives me a display output. I have not yet purchased a case for it since I first wanted to test and make sure everything works. Upon jumping the power switch the system turns on, the CPU fan starts working however there is no display output. I assume there might be something wrong with the graphics card, since it is an old AMD card. The following are my specs

Mother board : Chinese Atermiter X79 Motherboard LGA 2011 link

CPU : Intel Xeon E5 2620 server CPU

RAM : 4 stick of 4 Gig  ddr3 RAM

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5750

Power Supply : Corsair CX 450 M (450 watt)

I spent $ 300 on the parts and now all of the repair shops charge at least 100 to have look at it. Can anyone help?

mother.jpg

power.jpg

I'd keep trying to find a way to boot with SINGLE/Individual sticks of Ram as a starting point...
Go back to Basics,.. Mobo/CPU/1 stick of Ram/GPU//PSU/Keyboard without anything else connected.

Assuming something IS bad when troubleshooting is a bad idea,.......iE "Old AMD GPU"  because now you don't even consider RAM to be the culprit and may miss something if you lay it all on the "Old AMD GPU" Then you might spend money on a replacement GPU to find its one of the RAM sticks all along.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Have you reset the bios since you tinkered with the ram timings? remove power remove battery and jump the power switch afew times to discharge any residue charge 

Then replace battery and power, jump switch 

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2023 at 9:27 PM, SkilledRebuilds said:

Well thanks a million. Turned out, one of the ram stocks was dead and that prevented the system from posting at all. There was nothing wrong with the GPU!