my pc turns off when i shake my desk

Go to solution Solved by Kazooduck,

Make sure all the cables are secure, and put the computer on the floor if you can. You might need to dig inside the computer and make sure that all the connections in there are tight, over 9 years they might have gotten a little loose 馃槃

Whenever I accidentally shake my desk, my hp prebuilt from 2013 shuts off completely. I do not know what is going on, and it takes a solid 15 minutes to boot, so it is very annoying when it shuts off.

Make sure all the cables are secure, and put the computer on the floor if you can. You might need to dig inside the computer and make sure that all the connections in there are tight, over 9 years they might have gotten a little loose 馃槃

check your cables!
samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger | XC Athlete | Surface pro 4

1 minute ago, Kazooduck said:

thanks! ill check the connections, but i sadly do not have long enough cables to put it on the floor. I will check the connections though, and thanks for the help!

What are we talking shake the desk? like lil bump that might roll an unbalanced pen or hundreds of hours put into building up an avatar, ten hours into a match, final round, last boss, minor internet glitch and lost it all total melt down shake the table?

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

聽~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 馃槄~

1 minute ago, lotus10101 said:

What are we talking shake the desk? like lil bump that might roll an unbalanced pen or hundreds of hours put into building up an avatar, ten hours into a match, final round, last boss, minor internet glitch and lost it all total melt down shake the table?

a bit more than a lil bump, but it would only really roll a pencil

5 minutes ago, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

a bit more than a lil bump, but it would only really roll a pencil

馃

12 minutes ago, Kazooduck said:

Id agree with this then, has it ever totally dropped before? if so possible something wiggled loose inside but check the cables first

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

聽~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 馃槄~

1 minute ago, lotus10101 said:

馃

Id agree with this then, has it ever totally dropped before? if so possible something wiggled loose inside but check the cables first

ive never dropped it, it is my one and only computer so even when putting it on the floor to clean, i am willing to squish my fingers so it never impacts the ground

2 minutes ago, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

ive never dropped it, it is my one and only computer so even when putting it on the floor to clean, i am willing to squish my fingers so it never impacts the ground

I get ya, my one and only been been a ten year love project also but accident do happen