Have I won the BAD silicon lottery? (CPU)

HangUp

I recently underwent a near complete system overhaul, I got a new CPU, GPU and PSU, but as soon I tried to play any demanding game on it, the system would outright just shutdown. The first thing that I noticed when I installed the new CPU, the Ryzen 5 5600X, the system would post just fine, but a second after it started loading into windows it would just shut off, so I thought, hmm, maybe it's just the garbage motherboard that I have, suddenly not liking the RAM speeds after the BIOS update (3000MHz, the mobo is rated for 3200(I told you it was garbage)), so I set the clock speeds to the next best thing, 2933MHz, and lo and behold everything worked just fine. Then I installed the new GPU, the RX 6800 XT. Still worked fine. But when I installed the drivers for it, it would crash the same way as it did before when booting into windows. I started lowering memory speeds again, down to 2800MHz with no luck, at which point I gave up and set it to the default 2133MHz and then it started working again. I could stress test it, even play some decently demanding games for a bit like rust and subnautica at max settings (I did so for at most 10 minutes), but when I tried to do something actually demanding, like playing alyx or warzone, it would shut off every time pretty much as soon as something heavy started loading.

To sum up the troubleshooting that I did I:
Stress tested the CPU for 20 minutes with CPU-Z, everything was fine
Stress tested the GPU for 20 minutes with MSI Kombustor and Heaven Benchmark, everything was fine
Stress tested the GPU and CPU at the same time for more than 20 minutes, everything still fine
Swapped the GPU to my old GTX 1650 Super, still crashing in games
Tried each ram stick one by one, slot by slot, still crashing, though I could boot into windows at it's rated speed of 3000MHz
Stress tested the RAM with both sticks installed with Sandra, instant crash, every time

Checked for bent CPU pins, there were none, I quadruple checked

Tried reseating, and repasting the CPU, still crashing
Swapped the CPU to my old Ryzen 5 2600... no more crashing, could use the full speed of my RAM and everything, completed the Sandra memory benchmark just fine, before writing this I was even able to use up all the battery of my quest 2 playing alyx at max settings 120Hz, zero issues no stuttering or nothing.

So the question remains, is the CPU or the Motherboard at fault, because I've ruled out pretty much everything else. I personally initially thought it was the motherboard because of how cheap and garbage it is (who wouldn't), but after the CPU swap I don't know what to think anymore. I've been getting mixed answers about this issue so I came here to hopefully get a second opinion and who knows, maybe a fix. I'm currently planning to send back the new CPU for RMA, before I go out and potentially waste at least 100 euro buying a motherboard.

That's all, thanks for reading 馃檪

FULL SPECS:
Current CPU - Ryzen 5 2600
New CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X
Current GPU - RX 6800 XT
Old GPU - Zotac GTX 1650 Super
RAM - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX CL15 3000MHz
Motherboard - ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 (BIOS Version 4.90)
PSU - Corsair RM1000e

24 minutes ago, Harmsway1283 said:

Kinda sounds like the B450M can鈥檛 keep up with the 5600X power demands.

Here鈥檚 a link to someone who had almost the same problem as you. Looks like they figured it out.

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/amd-ryzen-5-5600x-system-crashing-bsod/m-p/485099#M42670

This guy was BSODing, which seems like it was happening under general load, but in my case there was barely any load whatsover, it would SHUT DOWN(no BSOD) when stressing the RAM and just the RAM alone. I feel like if anything, the new much more power hungry RX 6800 XT that I installed should be causing the issues, but I've been using it just fine. That's not even mentioning that both of the cpus are in the same class in terms of power consumption (from my small amount of testing, actual power consumption in HWMonitor was about the same as well) and that I extensively stress tested all the parts with NO issues, aside from when RAM was being heavily accessed.

Regardless, do you think I should try to RMA the CPU first or do I dive right into it and buy a new motherboard?

Id do a quick search to see if anyone else with that specific mobo is having the same issue because there are bios update for that mobo specifically for 5000's, also asrock has some highlights saying they don't recommend certain bios versions in different hardware configs, might just be a bios flash away from it working properly

And the vrm's on there are definitely not great but should be able to handle 5600x, I could understand 5900x and up聽

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

聽~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 馃槄~