Installed extra kit of ram, cant get them to run on 3200hz

Go to solution Solved by zipspence,
56 minutes ago, Dubski said:

I would love for some help with that, because that sounds like a good in between 2666. The model of ram is: cmw16gx4m2c3200c16 (Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 2x8)

My mobo is Rog strix b450-f gaming with a ryzen 5 3600.

Hope this is enough information if u need more i would happely send that your way! thank you!

SPD Speed: 2133MHz so their speed out of the box is naturally 2133. You have to change their speed manually.  A NON OVERCLOCKED speed for the board is considered 2666. The ram itself can run XMP 2.0. But with all that considered. I would personally run at 2666 to elongate the performance for the longest time possible. the real ordeal with overclocking always stands to reason is. Why overclock if the stock speed is good enough for what you are doing. Its a huge trend to go faster and faster past what the stock specs of equipment are. But all things considered test it at the speed it has already and see if you actually had any issue running anything you want to. Unless you are doing some crazy rendering where something is ram intensive there isnt really a need for speed boosting anything. 

So TLDR if you dont have a huge reason to dont overclock or modify speeds, secondary to that, run at 2666 if you do want a boost. (IMO)

In bios just go to your AI tweaker, set Ai Overclock Tuner to DOCP Standard and select your memory speed to 2666
32 minutes ago, Dubski said:

Just turn on DOCP in that instant right?

Yes, that will be the easiest way to do it. You can manually hand jam everything in there using manual mode. But DOCP is much easier to use. 

Did you turn it off and back on again?

hello i have faced the same issue and i used the same ram , the best i could get it booting is 2993 but it is unstable, like what zipspence said 2666 appears to work fine

I dont know if anyone is still active on this thread but one question. Do i need to reinstall windows after switching b450f to the b550f?

3 hours ago, Dubski said:

I dont know if anyone is still active on this thread but one question. Do i need to reinstall windows after switching b450f to the b550f?

most likely yes since windows might to tied to ur hwid so u might need to reactivate again , tho u can always ahem pirate

I wanted to say that i installed the b550-f last night went smooth. Now it runs at 3200 on 4 dimms! thanks for the help yall!