Lutron Diva and Claro Smart Dimmer/Switch

Shotty14

Does anyone have any experience with either of these products? They are nearly exactly what I have been looking for to replace my current switches and dimmers as they are the exact same design. I want to avoid the mushy feeling buttons of the Caseta.

Diva

Claro

I've got my whole house on the old caseta, which while I’ve been very happy with, do have crappy buttons. I tried a demo switch, and it is not clicky, it's squishy. Honestly, I would be fine with this, it's still big enough that I could slap the switch as I walked by. In my personal experience, I rarely use the switch itself, I shout “hey siri turn on the kitchen lights” because I’m already doing something, and the best part about caseta is that it works pretty much every time. 

23 minutes ago, seanondemand said:

I've got my whole house on the old caseta, which while I’ve been very happy with, do have crappy buttons. I tried a demo switch, and it is not clicky, it's squishy. Honestly, I would be fine with this, it's still big enough that I could slap the switch as I walked by. In my personal experience, I rarely use the switch itself, I shout “hey siri turn on the kitchen lights” because I’m already doing something, and the best part about caseta is that it works pretty much every time. 

I do hear good things about the reliability of the switches which is why I am leaning towards getting them. I do have young children that need to be able to just hit the switch relatively easily. Myself, I have scenes in HomeKit set up making it quite easy to use. But want to make it easy for those around me and not have the tech get in the way of normal day to day operation.

50 minutes ago, Shotty14 said:

I do hear good things about the reliability of the switches which is why I am leaning towards getting them. I do have young children that need to be able to just hit the switch relatively easily. Myself, I have scenes in HomeKit set up making it quite easy to use. But want to make it easy for those around me and not have the tech get in the way of normal day to day operation.

That simplicity is part of the reason we went caseta, because the hue bulbs we had could get confusing, especially for guests and kids. The caseta switches are still clearly switches and easy enough to understand. I imagine the diva ones are even more so and blend in more because they really do look like a classic paddle switch.