4090 KFA2 vs SUPRIM

ChopNorris

Hello everyone,

I´m going to upgrade my PC and I´m wondering about how worth is to expend an extra amount of money for a more premium version of the 4090. I live in Spain and I´m between the KFA2 SG 4090 (1900€) and the MSI 4090 SUPRIM X (2200€).

I already have a KFA2 2080s and had 0 issues with it, but I find the design of the 4090 extremely unpleasing, however I know it is stupid to waste 300 extra bucks just for aesthetics. On the other hand, it is an almost 2000€ product so I would not mind expending a bit more if the ´´premium´´ component such as the pcb or capacitors make a difference.

What do you guys think? I´ve been checking some reviews and still can´t make up my mind.

Thanks in advance!

KFA2 4090 is a pretty decent card, I don't see why you would spend 300 euros more on a slightly better designed product.

If you really cant stand the look thats on you, but from a product standpoint you can choose either and be just fine.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

30 minutes ago, CaptainKieseI said:

The SUPRIM X is one of the if not the best custom 4090 and the KFA2 is pretty low tier. I would say at 2000€ the extra 300 could be worth it.

13 minutes ago, Alinz said:

KFA2 4090 is a pretty decent card, I don't see why you would spend 300 euros more on a slightly better designed product.

If you really cant stand the look thats on you, but from a product standpoint you can choose either and be just fine.

Thanks both for answering!

This is one of the things that confuse me the most, in some places KFA2 is pictured as a good overall brand, with the SG 4090 trading blows with more expensive options, and in other places the directly recommended avoiding it.

About the looks, I don´t like it, but in the end is just a GPU, if the performance and components are the same I don't think is worth to overpay 300€.

Thanks again!

24 minutes ago, ChopNorris said:

Thanks both for answering!

This is one of the things that confuse me the most, in some places KFA2 is pictured as a good overall brand, with the SG 4090 trading blows with more expensive options, and in other places the directly recommended avoiding it.

About the looks, I don´t like it, but in the end is just a GPU, if the performance and components are the same I don't think is worth to overpay 300€.

Thanks again!

KFA2 is a decent Brand with some solid options. But the MSI SUPRIM is really good in terms of power delivery and cooling and not comparable with the KFA2 in therms of build quality.

Since you plan on buying the fastest and most expensive gaming GPU i would recommend the SUPRIM but i can also see how someone would like to safe the 300€

I cant find the link right now but there was a comparison of the 4090s power delivery in this forum and the SUPRIM was on top.

On 1/3/2023 at 3:28 PM, CaptainKieseI said:

KFA2 is a decent Brand with some solid options. But the MSI SUPRIM is really good in terms of power delivery and cooling and not comparable with the KFA2 in therms of build quality.

Since you plan on buying the fastest and most expensive gaming GPU i would recommend the SUPRIM but i can also see how someone would like to safe the 300€

I cant find the link right now but there was a comparison of the 4090s power delivery in this forum and the SUPRIM was on top.

I´ve been thinking and I´m probably skipping on the SUPRIM since I don´t see much benefit for the extra 300€. In addition, there is stock of a PNY 4090 for 1800€, but I´ve seen that it is limited to 450w.

I´ll probably go either for the PNY or the KFA2, but I have to thing about it.

Thanks again!

50 minutes ago, CaptainKieseI said:

1800€ sounds really good for a 4090 go for it! Either way have fun with your new card!

The PNY looks very decent

For what I´ve been reading it is the manufacturer of the Qadro series, so I assume it must be decent. The thing now is getting it of going for the KFA2 if it has a better PCB or cooler.

Actually the 1800€ would be under MSRP assuming 1600USD = 1508€ + 21% TAX = 1824€. And the shop is trust worthy, I´ve built a few PCs there.

4 minutes ago, ChopNorris said:

For what I´ve been reading it is the manufacturer of the Qadro series, so I assume it must be decent. The thing now is getting it of going for the KFA2 if it has a better PCB or cooler.

From the reviews i found they should both have pretty good coolers 

6 minutes ago, ChopNorris said:

Actually the 1800€ would be under MSRP assuming 1600USD = 1508€ + 21% TAX = 1824€. And the shop is trust worthy, I´ve built a few PCs there.

Yes the MSRP for Europe is 1,859€ - same as the founders edition though its always sold out

Here in Germany the cheapest 4090 is 1950€ and its the stupid Manli Gallardo 😕

2 minutes ago, CaptainKieseI said:

From the reviews i found they should both have pretty good coolers 

Yes the MSRP for Europe is 1,859€ - same as the founders edition though its always sold out

Here in Germany the cheapest 4090 is 1950€ and its the stupid Manli Gallardo 😕

The reviews I´m seeing leave both models in a good position, I´m assuming that the requirements made by nvidia made almost all the models have more coolers than needed. My concern is mostly about the BIOS limiting to 450W and possible RMA service if needed. The PNY is the non-OC version, which I assume is the same but with lower clocks out of the box.

The prices we are getting here in Europe are just ridiculous not gonna lie.