Rack Mounted Computer

Thyristor
Go to solution Solved by Zagna,

Maybe one of SilverStone's cases could work? Perhaps RM44?

Budget (including currency): $300-ish

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Music Production and ZGamedEditor with FL Studio

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello!

I'd like to transfer the contents of my NZXT H1 Pro Pre-built PC into a rack mount style case that i could mount with the rest of my music gear in my studio for a flush and clean look without having wires going all over the place from my gear rack to my computer. I've been doing a bit of research on this for a while now but i could use some help. I've never spec'd a computer case before so I'm not exactly sure what i should be looking for. i'd like to maintain the number of peripherals since i will be running USB and a computer monitor to the new setup.

Imagine this but with a computer somewhere inside there:

spacer.png

NZXT H1 Pro Specs:

GPU: Nvidea 3060 Ti Founders Edition

CPU: Intel i7-10700K

MB: Z590I ITX

RAM: 32GB (3000 MHz)

Storage: 1TB SSD and 1 TB HDD

Cooling: 140mm AIO

PSU: 650 SFF Gold

All i know that the motherboard is ITX-Mini and that im concerned about the size of the power supply needed to fit into a rack style case, the peripherals fitting properly and everything having the proper cooling. My research keeps bringing up server racks and there doesn't seem to be much information about moving from a regular case to a server rack let alone spec'ing one properly. I kinda feel like I've bit off more than i can chew with this.

If anyone can point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it!

13 minutes ago, Thyristor said:

Wow! The the RM44 is pretty much exactly what I was looking for 😃

Keep in mind you'll need an atx psu and NOT aio cooler

10 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Keep in mind you'll need an atx psu and NOT aio cooler

The 650 SFF Gold wont work? Also, i thought this case had dedicated mounting for radiators?

12 minutes ago, Thyristor said:

The 650 SFF Gold wont work? Also, i thought this case had dedicated mounting for radiators?

It only has atx psu mounts not sff.

Also the h1 liquid cooler has VERY short tubes so it cannot reach any mounting position in the case

3 hours ago, Thyristor said:

The PSU is SFX-L. Adapter plates are available for ATX mounts. https://www.silverstonetek.com/en/product/info/power-supplies/PP08/

Ditch the AIO and get something like a Dark Rock TF 2.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.