PC crashed in a new, strange way

Gravemind

Was watching videos and my computer shut itself off in a way I've never seen in my life.
First the screen slowly faded to completely black over a couple seconds. Sound did the same. Nothing froze, it just faded away.
Couple second after that, my computer itself just slowly faded into a shutdown state. All the lights/fans just... dimmed, and it was off.

It started back up fine, seems fine, just never seen a crash like that. No freezes, no errors, and nothing acted like the PC even died.

I'm in a shitty motel with probably not-that-great power, I notice lights flickering all the time so was this some symptom of dirty electricity or am I looking at some kinda serious hardware issue here?

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.

It’s definitely the power/ powrsupply, if the power is not ueable enough/ too dirty a good powersupply will hit the overcurrent protection and give the pc time to shut off without killing itself. If everything is fine with your pc then the powesupply did its job and you should pet it. 

Just now, Blackjack1336 said:

It’s definitely the power/ powrsupply, if the power is not ueable enough/ too dirty a good powersupply will hit the overcurrent protection and give the pc time to shut off without killing itself. If everything is fine with your pc then the powesupply did its job and you should pet it. 

Figured as much.

Hopefully just dirty power and not signs of aging. Although if it were, I'd expect it to die while gaming instead of just idling with Discord and VLC.

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.