CPU- Alder Lake i7 12700k

Mobo- Asus Rog Strix Z690i

SFX PSU- Evga 850GM 

AIO- Phanteks Glacier One 280

Case- Meshlicious PCIE 4 Riser

Ram- Ripjaw 16x2 GB 

GPU- None

Storage- Crucial P5 1TB M.2 and MX500 2TB

I have checked Mobo and SSD are plugged in the PSU, everything else such as AIO , RAM, M.2, are all seated and plugged in on the mobo. When i went to power it on for the first time, it was dead quite with radiator silent fans spinning only. The other thing i saw was back of IO illuminating led audio jacks. Any ideas? What would be the cause of this? Where do i start diagnosing?

not sure exactly what you are asking?

Are you saying the system is not booting, you are just getting fan spin and nothing else?

12 minutes ago, winkawak said:

CPU- Alder Lake i7 12700k

Mobo- Asus Rog Strix Z690i

SFX PSU- Evga 850GM 

AIO- Phanteks Glacier One 280

Case- Meshlicious PCIE 4 Riser

Ram- Ripjaw 16x2 GB 

GPU- None

Storage- Crucial P5 1TB M.2 and MX500 2TB

I have checked Mobo and SSD are plugged in the PSU, everything else such as AIO , RAM, M.2, are all seated and plugged in on the mobo. When i went to power it on for the first time, it was dead quite with radiator silent fans spinning only. The other thing i saw was back of IO illuminating led audio jacks. Any ideas? What would be the cause of this? Where do i start diagnosing?

What's your exact question?

Are other fans not spinning? Only the radiator fans? Are they plugged in? Is your pump not working?

Is it too quiet? If you want to make your fans spin faster, go to the BIOS and change the fan curve.

The LED on the back of your IO is there to make plugging cables in easier. It can be annoying to find the correct port sometimes.

15 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

not sure exactly what you are asking?

Are you saying the system is not booting, you are just getting fan spin and nothing else?

8 minutes ago, Naijin said:

What's your exact question?

Are other fans not spinning? Only the radiator fans? Are they plugged in? Is your pump not working?

Is it too quiet? If you want to make your fans spin faster, go to the BIOS and change the fan curve.

The LED on the back of your IO is there to make plugging cables in easier. It can be annoying to find the correct port sometimes.

Sorry i was trying to say, my new build is not booting up, the only thing i see on is the radiator fans and audio jack led on the mobo back io.

1 minute ago, winkawak said:

Sorry i was trying to say, my new build is not booting up, the only thing i see on is the radiator fans and audio jack les on the mobo back io.

Are you sure you have the 12700k and not the KF version? The KF version has no integrated graphics so you need a graphics card to get a display. The K and KF can be a bit confusing.

16 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Are you sure you have the 12700k and not the KF version? The KF version has no integrated graphics so you need a graphics card to get a display. The K and KF can be a bit confusing.

Just checked my cpu box to be sure, its 12700K. Currently i dont have a gpu, would it matter if i had the pcie 4 riser hooked up on mobo?

take it out of the case and set it up on your mainboard box to test if it starts without the case. 

Im at work but after going through the steps again in my head, it dawn on me that i forgot to plug in the 8 pin cpu power cable facepalm. Ill plug that ij tonight once i get home and hopefully thats it.

10 minutes ago, winkawak said:

Okay it was the cpu power cable, i was able to boot into bios with no os installed. I have a question regarding this semi faint high pitch noise, not sure if its from the radiator or mobo fan but sound seems coming from the top. I have a video link of the sound. https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2y5eulls86gkzi/IMG_2690.MOV?dl=0

It sounds like something is slightly hitting/rubbing against a fan. If you used any zip ties, make sure the excess isn’t getting into the fan blades.

i dont have fans on top just radiator fans on the front and the noise is coming from the top weird. The mini itx mobo on board fan i believe is ok the rear io which is the back of the case. I cant tell if its from AIO pump, is this sound normal at all?

Does it matter my my pump is upside down? and hows my radiator tube orientation? Oh yea ignore the cable

management lol

BBA8BE01-0234-4DFE-BFB8-98CB723F6C76.jpeg