New Nzxt Build

Just got a new Nzxt build with the new 7900xtx and a ryzen 9 7900x. from first boot up all i am getting is an error code.

• IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

this code happened right as i first plugged the pc in and first booted it straight out of the box. don't know much about the ins and outs of computers. could really use some advice. 

15 hours ago, Matthewherriage97 said:

Just got a new Nzxt build with the new 7900xtx and a ryzen 9 7900x. from first boot up all i am getting is an error code.

• IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

this code happened right as i first plugged the pc in and first booted it straight out of the box. don't know much about the ins and outs of computers. could really use some advice. 

Is it directly from NZXT with their BLD service? If so, before you do anything yourself, contact them and ask for advice, they may ask for it to be returned, or ask you to do a couple of steps before returning if they don't work. It's fairly often (but not always) RAM related, so could be that has crapped the bed. It can also sometimes be cause by GPU drivers, so, might be worth a shot at using DDU ( https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html ) in Windows safe mode and reinstalling the latest version of those from AMDs website.

Couldn't agree more, your first step is contact seller/mfg. see what they can do for you.

As for shipped PCs, who knows ? Something kicked out of socket in transport, Bios not optimized, OS drivers not installed.

Too many unknowns. But if you ultimately do not resolve anything through them, we would need full specs..

On 12/28/2022 at 2:13 PM, Matthewherriage97 said:

• IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Driver or memory issue.

I would,

1. Reseat all memory and restart. If this resolves 👍 ; if not,
  2. Attempt to powerup to safe mode and reinstall your drivers. if resolves 👍; if not
  3. Start the RMA process with the manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER