High CPU temps Ryzen 5600x

Go to solution Solved by zipspence,

So unfortunately with AIO coolers they are prone to failure and DO eventually become inoperable after long use. The fans and pump might be running perfectly fine, but that doesnt mean the close loop system didn't evaporate out. Realistically there should always be 1 pipe hotter than the other as it takes the liquid away from the CPU to the radiator. 

My suggestion in this case would be to get another AIO, but for me personally I have gotten away from AIO coolers and back to Towers purely because the performance from a tower cooler is better and less prone to failure. So it sounds like your AIO is shot. 

Last month I noticed high CPU temps, up to 96 on higher loads. I decided to change put new thermal paste, cleaned the cpu plate and cpu water cooler plate with alcohol and then used a clean dry wipe to make sure there is no moisture. The temperatures were fine for a few days, then it started hitting high 90's again. But everytime I applied new paste it was fine for a few days. Then I decided to get the thermal grizzly conductonaut. I was careful enough to put on just enough without it spilling and made sure to really spread it over the entire area. The temps were great until today, where it started hitting up to 96 again. Apart from buying a new cpu or cooler I am not sure what the problem is. Checking the pump RPM on HWMonitor it says 1950 consitently, using CPU-Z to stress the cpu it reaches around 94° degrees, feeling the pipes with my fingers, one pipe does get noticeably warmer than the other. I had Core Temps open every day after applying the paste. It started out fine with around 40 to 50 on average, and the highest temperature kept rising every day by a few degrees until it hit the high 90's. The cooler has a spring around the screw to make sure I don't tighten it too much, I tried tightening it as much as it let me, then I tried a little less, but they all yield the same results after a few days.

CPU: Ryzen 5600x
Cooler: Msi Coreliquid 240R

So unfortunately with AIO coolers they are prone to failure and DO eventually become inoperable after long use. The fans and pump might be running perfectly fine, but that doesnt mean the close loop system didn't evaporate out. Realistically there should always be 1 pipe hotter than the other as it takes the liquid away from the CPU to the radiator. 

My suggestion in this case would be to get another AIO, but for me personally I have gotten away from AIO coolers and back to Towers purely because the performance from a tower cooler is better and less prone to failure. So it sounds like your AIO is shot. 

Did you turn it off and back on again?

I had the spare amd cooler lying around and put it in instead of the AOI water cooler, the temperatures have drasticaly decreased, I'm gonna order a noctua air cooler instead of a water cooler. Thank you for your support!