Access server remotely?

airborne spoon

I built a plex server running on TruNAS core last year, and in a few months i will be moving it to my moms house while i hit the road to travel for retirement. My mom and sister use the Plex also and i use it while charging the car so i don't want to just take it offline. But I'm the only tech savvy person in my family and i want to be able to remotely access the server to do updates and to be able to add new movies and shows to the server that i download as they come available. Like right now i go to the 192 address to access the TruNAS part but to add files i have to use a networked shared folder on my desktop.

Networking is the bane of my existence I've never been good at understanding the software side of it, i can do hardware all day and connecting stuff up is easy as pie, somehow it always ends up working fine but this is well outside my knowledge and skill. What software and or hardware do i need to be able to do this? Any videos or guides y'all can recommend to help me learn how to do this? I have PIA VPN, and i also have Tailscale but i don't use that one very much

Specs:

MSI MB don't recall which one exactly

64GB DDR4

80TB HDD with 2 redundant for failures

10GB 8xPCI fiber NIC

SAS to SATA 8xPCI for all the drives to connect to

Network is Mikrotik CRS326-24G-2S+RM running is dumb switch mode, which is connected to an Asus RT-AC88U that goes out to the world

Might check out the network chuck video on tunnels just came across his video. Going to play around with it with my cgnat starlink I don't have a public IP where I could nat with it.

This can be accomplished a number of ways. 

You could set the box up with reverse proxy using docker to access parts of the box. If you are using sonarr/radarr and something like ombi. You could also use it to set up an OpenVPN server connection as well. 

You could use a Hak5 turtle to do a reverse VPN solution

You could also get an enterprise router that has VPN built-in solution (i.e. Zyxel, Ubiquiti, TP-Link). I have a ubiquiti router to be able to VPN into the house and still use the local 192 address and mount shares. 

TruNAS includes a built-in web-based management interface that allows you to remotely access and manage your server, just make sure that both are connected to the same network and visit its IP address with a browser, expose that port and you can access it from public networks now or

set up a VPN connection to your TruNAS server, you can use a VPN service like PIA which will be more secure

hey! i know to use a computer