Recording digital footage THROUGH a Mini DV camera

Hello everyone.

I am a motion graphics designer who mostly works with digital footage, however I have always been very passionate about trying to achieve old school visual designs, as I found they have a specifi charm (Like film or lomography in the photographic sphere).

While plugins to emulate the look have evolved immensely (such as Signal for VHS or AV Club for mini DV), I found out there's no substitute for the real thing.

In the past I was able to record footage from my computer on a VHS via a digital to analog converter, but I'm not sure about Mini DV cameras.

I shopped around for a few used models and most seem to have what's called a "dub" function, to send the mini-dv footage out to an external source, but saw no mention of a way to send digital footage TO the camera to record on mini DV.

Basically what I'm trying to achieve is to have some graphics I'd make on my computer processed by the camera and recorded on mini dv, to then import it back to the computer.

Is there any specific model or feature i'd need to look for?

Thank you so much! ❤️

I very much doubt there was ever a mini DV camera the recorded from external sources (Which i think is what you're asking)  I've did think about a Mini DV - VHS converter then using a VHS recorder but the following source shot that down almost immediately 

https://www.freevideoworkshop.com/is-there-a-mini-dv-to-vhs-adapter/

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Simple, desaturate footage, f up it's gamma, then give it lots of unsharp masking resize it to 640x480 and do "Bob deinerlace bottom field only" in virtualdub. That's the least you can do

Also here is my VHS recreation attempt. Still missing the general instability that vhs has but everything else is on point