New PC screen bugging out + crashing

So I just finished my new PC and it work fine except for one major issue. Sometimes I'll just be playing a game then my screen glitches out and any audio that was playing repeats very quickly kind of like a dndndndndndnd sound if that makes sense. When my screen glitches out it'll turn mostly black but some colors that I had on my screen before will stand out but be a different color. For example, is there was a yellow smiley face on my screen and then my screen bugged out, the smiley face would turn orange, but the rest of my screen would be black. Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening? My PC is never under a very heavy load when it happens, and I have plenty of cooling. I suspect it could be an issue with my GPU because I had my friend help me install a driver for it when I finished the PC and I was thinking maybe he did something wrong? Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my specs for anyone who is wondering:

Ryzen 7 5800x
32 gigs 4000mhz RAM
RTX 3060 (12 gigs)
750w 80+ bronze PSU

39 minutes ago, Epsilon_Operative said:

So I just finished my new PC and it work fine except for one major issue. Sometimes I'll just be playing a game then my screen glitches out and any audio that was playing repeats very quickly kind of like a dndndndndndnd sound if that makes sense. When my screen glitches out it'll turn mostly black but some colors that I had on my screen before will stand out but be a different color. For example, is there was a yellow smiley face on my screen and then my screen bugged out, the smiley face would turn orange, but the rest of my screen would be black. Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening? My PC is never under a very heavy load when it happens, and I have plenty of cooling. I suspect it could be an issue with my GPU because I had my friend help me install a driver for it when I finished the PC and I was thinking maybe he did something wrong? Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my specs for anyone who is wondering:

Ryzen 7 5800x
32 gigs 4000mhz RAM
RTX 3060 (12 gigs)
750w 80+ bronze PSU

More than one game or only one?  What do you have running for background apps when this happens?  Is there anything in the logs that implies anything about what might be going wrong?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

23 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

More than one game or only one?  What do you have running for background apps when this happens?  Is there anything in the logs that implies anything about what might be going wrong?

So only one game, which is Kerbal space program. I haven't downloaded my other games yet. It's crashed before with my edge and Spotify in the background, and it's crashed with just task manager open. I don't know what any of the logs mean but it didn't show any errors when the PC crashed.

Okay I have an update. I got a fresh install of the game I was playing, and my PC no longer bugs out and crashes, but just recently I was playing a different game and my computer just turned off for no reason. Like completely turned off. I know this isn't an issue with my PSU because I have more than enough wattage. But anyway, right after my PC just turned off I booted it back up and check the windows applications logs in the event viewer, and right at the time when my PC turned off I got an error saying that my License Activation had failed. For more context I'm using the "free version" of windows and haven't bought a product key, could this be an issue?

On 12/15/2022 at 7:02 PM, Epsilon_Operative said:

So only one game, which is Kerbal space program. I haven't downloaded my other games yet. It's crashed before with my edge and Spotify in the background, and it's crashed with just task manager open. I don't know what any of the logs mean but it didn't show any errors when the PC crashed.

Without more than one app there’s no way to know if it’s the hardware, the OS, or the app.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Epsilon_Operative said:

Okay I have an update. I got a fresh install of the game I was playing, and my PC no longer bugs out and crashes, but just recently I was playing a different game and my computer just turned off for no reason. Like completely turned off. I know this isn't an issue with my PSU because I have more than enough wattage. But anyway, right after my PC just turned off I booted it back up and check the windows applications logs in the event viewer, and right at the time when my PC turned off I got an error saying that my License Activation had failed. For more context I'm using the "free version" of windows and haven't bought a product key, could this be an issue?

Was there a “click” noise when it happened?  There’s no way to know if these two things are related or not.

On 12/19/2022 at 7:12 PM, Bombastinator said:

Was there a “click” noise when it happened?  There’s no way to know if these two things are related or not.

There was no click noise. However, I have learned a bit more about windows logs and in the application logs I've found that whenever my PC crashed I would get an SEP error. I believe the same error I'm getting is the one these people are talking about here: SCEP Certificate Enrollment Initialization Errors ... - AMD Community