Not serious power related question

What would happen if a lower end cpu was "programmed" to think like a threadipper and try to pull way more watts than it could handle? Would that shit blow up?

CPUs do not work like that.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

13 hours ago, goatsmartfella said:

What would happen if a lower end cpu was "programmed" to think like a threadipper and try to pull way more watts than it could handle? Would that shit blow up?

the only way to do this would be to cause a short on the power supply.

the CPU cannot draw more power than it can draw, you cannot trick it, that is fundamentally not how electricity works.

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.

Electronics do not work like that. A piece of circuitry draws as much power as it can given the potential difference across it and it's electrical impedance. There are knobs you can turn (namely the voltage of the CPU, the portion of the chip kept dark at any given time and the operating frequency), but it's hardly like Intel is programming in power consume figures into their chip.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

If a motherboard and CPU are unlocked, you can pump way too much power into the CPU if you really wanted to.

That won't turn it into a Threadripper though. It would turn it into a keychain.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.