Computers This way... 

1st.) Deal with the Graphix & Power 

2nd.) Then Afterwards Optimize My Graphix 

3rd.) Finally, Make the

Amazing Graphix Sound Beautiful... 

I seemed to stick with ASUS Motherboards, 

just cause they always fit my Setups, but I 

seem to always find my Drivers always being 

like forgotten about, & none of it really hurts me, except my Sound... My Current

7.1 Surround Sound Sound Card has outdated Drivers that are soooo outdated they are a real pain to Install... But I love my Sound Card Dock I have with it... & I don't know any other means to get my Dock Updated on Computer Hardware Costs Today... I also use a lot of USB Ports, which I thought would be easier Today, & I seemed to noticed that it's not easier to find Boards with... 

-----------------------------------

Soooo my Questions are this? 

After my Next Monster Computer Build?

I'm not really interested in a Monster Computer anymore after that, but I still wanna keep up with Optimizations, & Decent Quality Picture for Art purposes only... 

1.) What is a good suggestion on a

Mid-Range Computer, that I can run without breaking my Bank, but will still look great, still run at least Shadow Of War or Elden Ring Games on Medium Settings, but will not hurt to Multi-Task on Windows 10... I'm kinda sick of keeping up with Newest Latest Computer Hardware Today, but i'm also sick of my Desktop also Lagging horribly bad just for minor more Basic Tasks, too 

2.) What do I do about my Sound? New Specs & Hardware I heard won't need to Rely on my Sound Card anymore, may even be better, but at the same time, my Dock makes Sound Tasks sooo much easier on me... Plus, what's the best way to go about Recievers & Two Subwoofers, or even more then 7 Speaker Setups on Computers Today? Most Computer Specs, I only find Capable of 5.1 or Lower... Do I handle higher Setups on the Reciever Side, or the Sound Card/Motherboard Side? & Is my Dock worth keeping, or is there any way to Replace it with something better out there? 

(The Dock: Manages Settings From The Desk, & Also Switches From Speakers To Headphones On The Fly, Without Unplugging Wires, & Thats Why I Love The Dock So Much) 

3.) I want to Run a Store Separate from my Computer to keep all the Distractions away from my Work... Keep Computer Offline, Store Online, & I wanna make the Store a Forums... 

My Question is? Any advice on getting Forum Store Fronts noticed... Cause i'm New to that, & my last Forums I made, the owner Shut Down, & I lost my Forums Site... 

-- Who does good Forums Today? 

-- What Sorta Features Do They Offer? 

-- How Freely Open Are We With Managing Them? 

-- Lastly, How Good Is Our Security With Them Managable? 

Does anyone know any good Free Sites, 

To Work With Making Good Websites, Good Mini-Templates, Plain Pages, With Many Site Languages availible that have are Easy to Publish to the outside Market with good Privately Secured Non-VPN Access?

Just curious... 

4.) Any Advice on a good cheaply affordable way to run & Manage money for the Store Front? I'm trying to figure this out, & having issues with a Secured Transaction Method for my Customers without just asking them to pay with Gift Cards, & just trusting their Code Numbers on their Cards... Any advice might be nice? oO 

-----------------------------------

Any Advice On Any Of These 4 To 6 Or So Questions Would Be Great, But Not Expecting Any Answers Back... 

Thanks In Advanced, Srry Bout It

Being Soooo Much... Not The Best 

Writer Out There, hahaaa...

Too much to read but I got the first couple paragraphs and can respond to those.  Monitors are still increasing in quality.  4k monitors. in QDOLED are still in the $3000 range.  If you want a 4k monitor you can use till it dies like an old school crt TV, it’s the only display system that really has a shot atm.  I’m not sure the 7x00 or 40x0 is really necessary even for 4k.  4k goes to 1080p real well, so there’s sort of now way it can’t show a picture at a usable frame rate as long as it has a video card that can push 4k@3d.  Super resolution stuff has made things a LOT easier to deal with.    The smallest I would want to go personally is a 6700xt or 3070. They can do 4k3d more or less if pushed.  But with super resolution they can drive a lower resolution and then use the new feature to turn that into 4k.  Cpu wise, while you need more than 4 cores, you likely won’t need 8 for a while, so a 12400f or a 5600x will generally drive what needs to be driven.  At least so far. So maybe take your budget, divide it in half, and spend half on the monitor.  Or more. 2/3 is pretty reasonable.  Then look for a video card used, not new. The used market is incredible right now. Do something SFF probably. A small unassuming box with no rgb. It’s not a statement piece.  If you want to make it fancy, buy a sculpture and use it as a plinth for it. I was trying to build you something on PCpartpicker but things have gotten strange on it and a lot of options for new stuff are just gone.  It’s not that they were never there.  They actually got removed.  Very odd.  I can’t build you a machine on it because it’s no longer comprehensive.  One way to keep things seperate is to use different OSes in each place.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

My Current Setup has been this: 

4K 65 Inch TV at 30 / 60 FPS 

Display at 125% Upscaling

Down from the 300% Default 

Backlight at 85% Up 

Brightness at 45% from 50% Default 

Simply, cause I want my Picture to look darker as if it's realistic, but also have Colors be beautifully pop out more from the backlight in Darkened Rooms that i'm in... For Games & Movies... 

For Art, I sorta like to dial that back a tiny bit,

unless I can find a way to not kill my eyes over it under long term exposures... 

I know some hate HDR, cause they just do, 

but I haven't had any issues... If the Color looses after Applying HDR? I just leave HDR On, & reapply the Color back by changing other settings, I guess... 

For some Games I prefer to use 

-- 5760x1080 (Side Scrollers / Fighting) 

I use 2 older 1080P Displays & 1 Newer 

The Newer has no Backlight & up to 75FPS, 

but I make all 3 60FPS, & make them all relatively simular in Colors, & such... 

What I want is 3 Monitors at 6K Resolution 

& 1 Projector or TV at 8K Resolution HDR... 

Issue is I can't find any 6K Monitors, 

the Industry is making it super difficult to 

get an 8K TV right now for minor

Gaming / Movies, & mostly Art... 

& my Computer Hardware has been a litteral Nightmare to find at reasonable Pricing Today... 

---- My New GPU was Cheap as heck... 

---- But I didn't know GPU's weren't the only issues Today, yah that's bad for me... 

---------------------------

But that's my Monster I wanna Build, my current PC stopped getting Updates back in like 2015, the last Stable GPU Update was back in like 2017 or 2019, & I hated the 2020 Driver Software, but I also use the last Updated G Lagune or whatever it was Vulkan SDK released on the Market? Cause I now have Full Control over my 8K HDR Real Time Ray Tracing for my New GPU, when I build my Monster PC... 

Which is awesome, but sadly, the Site / Company shut down already, soooo, that blows, but I still have Access to the Drivers, & Softwares Now... 

Once I Build That, though & it dies? 

If Computers are still around, i'm gonna want a New Computer, but I won't want a 3000 Series, 4000 Series, 5000 Series GPU, & Computer Setup, instead i'm just gonna focus on what I can buy to carry me further along with Computers... But I still want something I can do with Basic Use, Moderate Gaming / Art, & not LAGG Fest my Desktop 24/7, but still be costfully Affordable, & above or Newer then my PC I have now... 

Above or Newer then: 

Intel I7 4770 CPU 

16 GB DDR3 

SSD at ??? GB 

R9 290X 4GB GPU 

Something, I dunno $900 & $600, 

whatever won't break the Bank at Mid-Range, 

capable of the things I said above, without having to struggle with Hardware Upgrades for a while... I also hate all that Nano Tech / No Backlight & Upscaling stuff... So I prefer to keep my Tech Older then ASUS Zeneth II Motherboard Generation... 

Just simply, cause i'm not a fan of the Newer Tech, & it's all being crazy regulated anyways... 

New Game's don't really bother me, either, cause I don't play them, but Shadow of War, &

Watch Dogs, & Elsen Ring do Require better Hardware then I got now... Soooo? I'm not sure what to look for on the Market? I was sorta hoping maybe some People maybe know of maybe like what's worked for them, for stuff like this, & What to avoid on the Market? 

I use nothing with USB C, all my stuff is

USB 2.0 / USB 3.1 Oriented... & I use a lot of 

that Stuff... As for Speakers, I use Mostly, 

PC Cables, Optical, or HDMI, not really sure what's better really, oO

Have you tried high refresh?  30/60 can be played at, but it really isn’t the same.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Have you tried high refresh?  30/60 can be played at, but it really isn’t the same.

Soooooo? 

To me, I noticed this... 

Anything Below is fine at 30 FPS, 

4K is fine at 60 FPS, but should

be at least more like 120 FPS, 

& 8K I also feel the same as 4K... 

Reason is, I noticed that 4K / 8K Content 

seem to produce Motion Sickness at lower 

FPS that's not there in 1080P / Lower

oriented Content... It must have something to 

do with how much Power is Required to produce the Visuals on Screen, & just lowering the Graphix doesn't help at all... 

Optimizing & the right Power / FPS is the only way to resolve those issues... 

But as for your Question? 

Right now? 

I currently have older Monitors at 60 each, 

& 1 at 75Hrz, but I just use the 60 FPS, cause 

then all Monitors Refresh Evenly... 

My TV says it can do 120FPS or 120 Hrz at 4K, 

& my HDMI does say it can do 120 Hrz at 4K, 

scept I haven't found any Settings to allow me to do that... So far? I've only gotten 20 & 60 FPS out of my TV, with both 4K Player, & Computer, but so far not any Consoles, sooo? No Idea... 

Both My PC's have sorta technically been on their last legg, & have already died like twice already, & magically still turn on, & work... But 

I really just need New Hardware... Something 

that won't be Lagg Fest, but also isn't gonna kill my Bank either, oO 

Not cause I can't afford it? 

It's just I am just not interested in forging over $6,000 everytime my PC dies, lOl... or everytime 

a New Computer Tech gets out the Door by

AMD / NVidea on our Market... 

If you get what I mean, lOlOl...

6k@$150/hr is a week’s work.  Makes one wonder where this TV is?  The settings are very make and model dependent.  Perhaps there’s a video of someone messing with the thing on YouTube or something.

Ummmmm, what? oO 

6K@$150/hr 

What are you talking about? 

Do you mean 6K TV with $150/hr Weekly Job? 

Or what do you mean? 

In 2021, I bought an 8K TV finally, but the TV, 

was bent, & I had to Return it... Since I haven't

had any luck finding something & buying one... 

I'm trying to buy an 8K (60 / 120 FPS) 

for about $1,500 or lower at 70 Inches... 

I can't get a Projector unless they make them Smaller for Housing, like they did for 4K ones, 

& an 8K TV at $1,500 is really hard to come by right now, 😞 

Which is sad, cause I want one, oO 

I've heard of 6K Displays on the Market, but i've never seen them Marketed, sooo i've had a ton of issues with that, too... 6K PC Monitors, not TV's...

You said you were paying 6k a visit. I thought you might be being overcharged.  So I did some math.    The old standard breakdown for auto repair is half parts half labor though it’s gone to more like 1/3 2/3rds lately because labor has gotten more expensive while parts haven’t.   It’s something that varies by trade.  I don’t hire out IT and low voltage stuff, I do it myself, but electricians, plumbers, and pipe fitters all cost a fairly similar amount.  There are conventions and the cost per may be lower or chopped up into 15 minute blocks, or there is some per call fee or whatever. They also don’t get paid all of that of course.  There are trucks and secretaries and warehouses and janitors for the warehouses, etc.. But it’s more or less what they wind up costing..  The standard rate for a tradesman service call that I’ve been seeing is some variation on $150/hr. Low voltage techs have to train about the same amount of time at a similar complication level. It’s done a different way, and the numbers can go a lot higher, but for a guy that makes your stereo talk to your TV or pulls ethernet through your walls it sounds not unlikely.  

Re: search for 8k

I’ve heard bad things about 8k for home use.  4k is supposed to be good up to 104” or something.  8k is what movie theatre projectors use. So 20 foot high wall 50 ft away. Plus there is a major shortage of media at that resolution.  I wouldn’t work too hard on that quest.  LMG shoots and stores at that resolution but that’s preproduction stuff. They need the extra rez for various things. What they release is 4k.

Re:8k high refresh.
It’s going to be another generation I think before even top end cards have the bandwidth to do that, and after they come out another year and a half before that price is reasonable. You can get 4k@120 and drive it, but the biggest available I know of new atm is more like 42-55”. The thing is I think 4k@120 is more or less end game.  Sure you can GET higher refresh rates, but most people can’t see the difference. Myself I can’t really tell the difference between 100 and 240.  I understand children and pro baseball players and squid can, but I’m no longer a child and I don’t think I’ve ever been a squid.  I’m pretty shaky on even just the rules of baseball. 

19 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

You said you were paying 6k a visit. I thought you might be being overcharged.  So I did some math.    The old standard breakdown for auto repair is half parts half labor though it’s gone to more like 1/3 2/3rds lately because labor has gotten more expensive while parts haven’t.   It’s something that varies by trade.  I don’t hire out IT and low voltage stuff, I do it myself, but electricians, plumbers, and pipe fitters all cost a fairly similar amount.  There are conventions and the cost per may be lower or chopped up into 15 minute blocks, or there is some per call fee or whatever. They also don’t get paid all of that of course.  There are trucks and secretaries and warehouses and janitors for the warehouses, etc.. But it’s more or less what they wind up costing..  The standard rate for a tradesman service call that I’ve been seeing is some variation on $150/hr. Low voltage techs have to train about the same amount of time at a similar complication level. It’s done a different way, and the numbers can go a lot higher, but for a guy that makes your stereo talk to your TV or pulls ethernet through your walls it sounds not unlikely.  

No, I was saying I wouldn't want to pay like $6,000 everytime something New came out... 

I thought that was getting Rediculously too Costly for Computer stuff...

1 minute ago, Finkle Garbled Crap said:

No, I was say I wouldn't want to pay like $6,000 

everytime something New came out... 

I thought that was getting Rediculously too Costly for Computer stuff...

Ah.  It was.  Tradesmen are expensive.

I upgraded recently from a haswell i7. A machine not unlike yours. I have this suspicion about the end of PS5 whenever that happens, which is that someone is going to write something that needs all 16 threads those things have, so I got a 12700 (which turns out to be too much cpu) partially because it was cheap.  The preferred cpu would I suspect be a 13400f, when it comes out, which it hasn’t yet.  There isn’t even a non k 13th gen out yet. I ran an underclocked undervolted used 6800xt because IT was cheap too (because noise and power consumption) and so far it seems to push 4k high refresh (I limit to 100hz) with some FSS just fine. I suspect at some point I am going to have to stop underclocking it and put up with the noise to keep up.  

I've never had, an Haswell I7 before,

so I dunno... What did you Upgrade to? 

Or are you Talking about inside your PS5... 

Also, what did you mean, Suspicion about PS5? 

13th Gen? 

I'm still on 6th / 7th Gen, oO

1 hour ago, Finkle Garbled Crap said:

I've never had, an Haswell I7 before,

so I dunno... What did you Upgrade to? 

Or are you Talking about inside your PS5... 

Also, what did you mean, Suspicion about PS5? 

13th Gen? 

I'm still on 6th / 7th Gen, oO

Yeah, but that’s still part of the whole like of 4/8 CPUs intel did.  I don’t know where tpm got introduced. You need tpm1 to run early versions of win11 and tpm2 to run later ones.  The newest windows a 7th gen chip will run is win10.   13th gen (lga1700) just got released.  I assume you heard about all the fab problems intel was having? 12th gen (which I s also lga1700) was the first chip they produced that was sort of “past that” it has stuff in different places under a differently shaped ihs and the coolers that ruled the roost for many years don’t work as well on it.  Seeing a lot of big coolermaster and thermaltake stuff. The 212evo and the noctua Dh. Series has been dethroned. They’re not the best bang/buck things anymore. Haswell was the code name for 4th gen the i7s for that generation were 4770s, 4790s and variations thereof.  Also known as lga1150 or 1151.  I can’t remember.  The one before it was ivybridge which is what came after sandybridge. I just replaced a 4770k machine with a 12700 machine.  

Nooo, I haven't heard about all the issues with Intel... I've only heard about GPU ones... 

I have Stayed away from the Newer Markets 

where Nano is involved, & anything that came out after Radeon VII I have sorta been Avoiding, 

cause of the horrible Regulating going on... 

I still run 2017 / 2019 Drivers on my AMD GPU's, 

& my Intel CPU is prob from 2013 &

it's a 7th Gen, soooo? Anything beyond that I know nothing about that... 

I was thinking of trying out the

AMD Threadripper 64 Core 3rd Gen I think

it was for the Zeneth II Motherboard? 

But still haven't decided yet for sure... 

After that? I'm probably getting a 

16GB DDR4 RAM with NVidea GTX 770 GPU, 

& Intel 8th / 9th Gen CPU, or something, dunno...

30 minutes ago, Finkle Garbled Crap said:

Nooo, I haven't heard about all the issues with Intel... I've only heard about GPU ones... 

I have Stayed away from the Newer Markets 

where Nano is involved, & anything that came out after Radeon VII I have sorta been Avoiding, 

cause of the horrible Regulating going on... 

I still run 2017 / 2019 Drivers on my AMD GPU's, 

& my Intel CPU is prob from 2013 &

it's a 7th Gen, soooo? Anything beyond that I know nothing about that... 

I was thinking of trying out the

AMD Threadripper 64 Core 3rd Gen I think

it was for the Zeneth II Motherboard? 

But still haven't decided yet for sure... 

After that? I'm probably getting a 

16GB DDR4 RAM with NVidea GTX 770 GPU, 

& Intel 8th / 9th Gen CPU, or something, dunno...

Really? It wasn’t just tech news it was national news.  Late night talk show hosts made jokes about it.   Anyway intel made 4/8 chip after 4/8 chip for like 15 years.  That’s why your computer lasted so long.  My memory is the Radeon   The AMD comes along with the ryzen series and smacks intel upside the head with them.  The ryzen2 CPUs were done with things called chipsets.  Instead of making monolithic dies (which they did for ryzen1 and ryzen+) ryzen2 had different parts that were put on this stuff called infinity fabric (both intel and AMD need to be slapped for their naming tendencies) that tied these chiplets together into one chip.  There were a couple of conveniences.  One of them was the chips were now modular.  They had modules of 3 and 4 cores (or was it 4 and 6?  I don’t know) so they could do a 4/8 and a 6/12 and an 8/16 and  a 16/32 (at which point they ran out of room) their cores were slower, but they could put more of them on a die because they were cheaper because of the chiplet thing.  So an AMD 3700x (8core) was more or less keeping up with an Intel 9600 (6core) but it was cheaper and had better multithread. Then zen3 was set vs intel 11th gen and it had better single thread AND multithread.  A 5600x (zen3 6core) was faster at MULTIthread than a 3700x. OR an 11400f which it was set against.  And while a lot of people went AMD for zen2, even more went AMD for zen3.  There are also the zen3D chips which are zen3 cores with massively expanded cache.  They are currently the fastest chips at gaming.  A 59503D whoops a 13900K at gaming but loses badly in everything else.  Zen3 was 2021 though.  Intel 13th gen cdoesnt compete against am4 (zen, phenom, bulldozer, etc..) it competes against am5 with zen4 so 7600, 7700, 7900, 7950. Threadripper is sort of sideways to zen. It’s sort of it’s own thing and intel doesn’t really compete against it.  Xenon competes against epic.  I don’t know much about threadripper

Edited by Bombastinator

Really? It wasn’t just tech news it was national news.  Late night talk show hosts made jokes about it.  

I also haven't had TV, nor Internet for a Year or two now, & only watched Jimmy Kimmel for a few Months back when the 2020 USA Election stuff was going on, but I only watched over the Trump Jokes going on... Which Today has turned into Biden Jokes, cause well? 

Who cares about sensible Logics, anymore, 

right? If it's not Chaotic, People aren't getting sickly I'll to Death, & Shooting things up? 

Then you don't live in the USA Today, oO 

It's like WTF happened to Human Beings? 

-- This is what People call Better? oO 

-- Really? -_- 

-- Brainwashing Or Not? 

-- How are People that fooled by Brainwashing 

---- That they actually believe this Garbage? 

... lOlOlOlOlOlOl ... 

--------------------------

About Threadripper & EPIC 

-- Last I Checked the 64 Core or whatever, 

It was so Powerful that they tested it on 

a 4K Movie without any GPU's to see if it 

could handle I think it was a 4K Movie Renderer, 

& while the Movie kinda bombed, the Threadripper did actually successfully do the task, & do it well... 

It's supposedly powerful enough to Compete with GPU's on the Market, is the point of the test... Is that a CPU actually could do that... 

But? Being an AM4 Set... I didn't know, 

if that was bad for like RAM, & GPU's of 

what i've been keeping up on... Cause I hate all that New Tech, but that specific CPU I do like, 

& I have seen decent Motherboards for it, too 

As for EPIC, supposedly it's like the Server Version on the Threadripper, so EPIC isn't ever for Regular Computers... So you wouldn't even want to buy one anyways... 

As for Intel & Ryzen goes? 

I've used Standard Intel I7 since like 2013, 

or whatever, & they haven't died on me yet... 

The Ryzen just never made any sense to me in terms of being better then Intel, but it had Software Drivers that I did like being Customed by us, though... However, with the horrible Regulating Today going on, I'm not really all

that sure, I really like that anymore... 

I don't think the Threadrippers use the Ryzen Software, though... Cause they aren't Ryzen CPU's, now... 

But in terms of Generations goes? 

I'm trying to avoid all the bad Drivers, 

& all that Nano stuff... 

Sooo if I get a Threadripper & use Radeon VII 

GPU, likely i'm gonna want to use the earliest Drivers for them, cause i'm hopefully thinking 

that they didn't start having bad Drivers right away... 

I'm mostly avoiding Intel 10th, 11th, 12th 13th, 

all of Ryzen Series, & any Newer Gen Threadrippers, the 3000 Series /

Newer NVidea GPU's, & Any AMD GPU after 

the supposed Radeon VII was released... 

-- Nano Tech 

-- Disabling Of Backlight Displays 

-- Auto-Updates Of Any Kind 

-- Single Cores & Tri-Pixeled Graphix 

All these things, I want to Avoid, oO 

I already am fixing HDR AI myself, 

so that shouldn't be an issue anymore... '_-

I got that you haven’t had internet for a long time which is a bit wild. You may have seriously out of date stuff then and in that position I would concentrate on fixing it before I worried about monitors or cpus.  This only using old stuff thing is doable I guess.  If you’re worried about system integrity and want more control the Microsoft space is not a useful one as they’re about as opaque as apple.  If you go Linux though you don’t have to deal with even the complications of x86.