Game System Requirements - website that automatically detects PC specs and lists games that the PC can play?

boomshiva

Is there something like that out there? Maybe on Steam or GOG? I want to empower my youngest's burgeoning love for PC gaming, but can't spend time looking up individual system requirements given the massive volume of games out there.

If there were such a website, I wouldn't be the bottleneck to his gaming fun.

TIA.

27 minutes ago, ShooterPawn said:

To fill in on this its not a black and white thingy. Just because it says its not enough doesnt mean you cant run it in some form. But of course if you are far below min spec expect nothing great.

Also rule of thumb if you have a pure 4 core cpu games from 2015-now AAA games will be stuttery and it will be worse the newer they are. A pure 6 core has the same but its becomes noticeable around the 2017 era of games.

Just like official system requirements, I would take any such site with a grain of salt. There are usually many adjustments you can make to a game's resolution, details and now there's also DLSS and FSR in the mix. You can often have success running a game even if you're somewhat below recommendations, if you're willing to lower some settings.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

40 minutes ago, ShooterPawn said:

Thank you. 

Follow up - is this a legit site? It's asking me to dl a system detection program and run it. AV says it's clean, but wanted to ask as it's off a site that I'm not familiar with.

6 hours ago, boomshiva said:

Thank you. 

Follow up - is this a legit site? It's asking me to dl a system detection program and run it. AV says it's clean, but wanted to ask as it's off a site that I'm not familiar with.

It is as far as i know. From time to time the servers are down and you cant use the site. Also if you change something in your pc and you do the system detection again you have to download the program again. It only works one time for each download, after that the website remembers your specs. Another thing, the website tells you the oficcial games minimum requirements, but almost always you can still run the game just fine by adjusting settings if you system isnt too far under ther requirements with things like the speed of the cpu or the Vram of the gpu.

On 12/10/2022 at 6:07 PM, ShooterPawn said:

It is as far as i know. From time to time the servers are down and you cant use the site. Also if you change something in your pc and you do the system detection again you have to download the program again. It only works one time for each download, after that the website remembers your specs. Another thing, the website tells you the oficcial games minimum requirements, but almost always you can still run the game just fine by adjusting settings if you system isnt too far under ther requirements with things like the speed of the cpu or the Vram of the gpu.

Much appreciated. 

• 3 months later...

Hello, Is there a set of minimum system requirements for the controls that tells which operating systems and how much RAM the controls require?

The true minimum to run specs really won't be available anywhere, that would require testing on a menagerie of old hardware. I can speak for instance that my Phenom II 1100T with a Quadro K4200 can run Witcher 3 or Metro Exodus fine with medium settings 60fps despite being well below the spec.

The Phenom can't launch Cyberpunk however, nor can the K4200 when put in my dads 2nd gen i7 equivalent Xeon build. Yet a far weaker GT 740 can make a slideshow of it. So the 740 must have a required instruction set which the 670 equivalent Quadro lacks.

Listens to WAN show while doing dishes. 😊 Living in 2024 with a tech attitude stuck in 2010.