Pc keeps failing

Ashdash

Hey so i bought a pc a while ago and it keeps running into a problem.

Bassicly when this happens nothing works my music stops/stutters my game keeps getting lag spikes and bugging chrome doesnt load pages anymore pretty much everything doesnt work anymore 

I cant manually turn it of when this happens so i gotta hold the off button for a few seconds to turn it off

This pretty much always happens when i start up my pc for the first time in a couple hours but also sometimes just at random

I have factory reset my pc twice but it still does this so im geussing its an hardware problem but i dont know what i can do to prevent it

14 hours ago, Cyberat said:

PC specs. also temp readings.

CPU: Amd ryzen 3 4300ge 8 core 3.7GHz

GPU:AMD radeon (TM) graphics

RAM:16GB ddr4 ballistix 2,666MHz not sure if the MHz is the accurate

motherboard:ASUS PRIMEA520M-E

SSD: i couldnt find to much ab it but its from teamgroup m.2 solid state drive 256gb 5gb/s

HDD: dont know the exact name sbut its an 1tb and 500gb

powersuply: Corsair CV550

i have some pretty good temps cpu is pretty much always under 60 degrees and gpu is onboard 

Peak 60C or idling at 60C ?

You can run Heavy Load and Video Stability test parallel, no more than 2hrs.. Watch your temps. stop them if exceeding 75C

If you're still good let it run 2-4hrs.. You can also stress test with CPU-Z (memory speed reading x2 because it's DDR) and GPU-Z, see where your temps are in a minute.

Factory reset meaning it's HP or Dell or the Windows Reset ?

It it overclocked/underclocked ?

On 12/11/2022 at 9:11 AM, Cyberat said:

Peak 60C or idling at 60C ?

You can run Heavy Load and Video Stability test parallel, no more than 2hrs.. Watch your temps. stop them if exceeding 75C

If you're still good let it run 2-4hrs.. You can also stress test with CPU-Z (memory speed reading x2 because it's DDR) and GPU-Z, see where your temps are in a minute.

Factory reset meaning it's HP or Dell or the Windows Reset ?

It it overclocked/underclocked ?

I  stress tested my cpu and gpu for way longer then 4 hours and cpu peaked at 51C and gpu peaked at 42C i did a windows reset and my motherboard doesnt allow any over or underclocking

This sounds like a BIOS issue, have you updated the motherboard?

Have you tried restarting it?

20 hours ago, Esemes16 said:

This sounds like a BIOS issue, have you updated the motherboard?

where can i update my bios?

First, check the version number on your Bios by going into the Bios and reading it.

Then go to Asus and see if they have a newer Bios version than yours AND if it might solve the problem you are having (listing of fixes).

Don't update just because you're out of options. But in case you do choose to update, make sure you get the correct Version of MFG., printed on the MB.

Save a copy of your old Bios first. Run the Bios Flash without interruptions (of any kind).

Have you done memtestx64 yet ?

Do you run "driver updater" malware ?

Did you turn off Windows Auto Update ?

In Device manager to you have yellow or red marks ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 1:39 AM, Cyberat said:

First, check the version number on your Bios by going into the Bios and reading it.

Then go to Asus and see if they have a newer Bios version than yours AND if it might solve the problem you are having (listing of fixes).

Don't update just because you're out of options. But in case you do choose to update, make sure you get the correct Version of MFG., printed on the MB.

Save a copy of your old Bios first. Run the Bios Flash without interruptions (of any kind).

Have you done memtestx64 yet ?

Alright so i updated my bios and the problem was mostly gone it appeared only like every 2 days however the past few days it has been occuring more and more and now its almost just as bad as before

I see a 550W power supply, that was good for a system in 2008, not today.

How long have you had this system ? Time to do the heart surgery.

12 hours ago, Cyberat said:

I see a 550W power supply, that was good for a system in 2008, not today.

How long have you had this system ? Time to do the heart surgery.

i mean are u sure? i dont even have a gpu and i also have pretty low end gear ive only had it for about 1 and a half years i geuss you do know more then me but i dont have much money so i want to make sure the power supply is really was i need to upgrade

If bios update solved problems temporarily, it may also be virii modifying your Bios if you have Windows Bios Update Software installed.

But you addressed none of the things I specified above, so I am in the dark.

8 hours ago, Cyberat said:

If bios update solved problems temporarily, it may also be virii modifying your Bios if you have Windows Bios Update Software installed.

But you addressed none of the things I specified above, so I am in the dark.

by virii im geussing you mean virus? but no i do not have any bios update software installed and i have already checked using multiple different anti viruses if i have any viruses but i dont have any 

Also sorry for not answering all of you qeustions i will answer all of them that i havent answered yet

Have you done memtestx64 yet ? i just ran it for 45 minutes and 0 erros found, should i run it for longer?

Do you run "driver updater" malware ? no i do not

Did you turn off Windows Auto Update ? nope

In Device manager to you have yellow or red marks ? all yellow all of the time