Troubleshooting suspected Corsair Vengeance DDR5 problem, Capacity and failed firmware updates

Got a set of DDR5-6000 kit from Corsair CMH32GX5M2D6000Z36, but there is a weird observation:

image.thumb.png.c8d2c6f52d44c5099da183287e00f387.png

Out of 32 GB, only 31.1 is usable, Hardware reserved was 873MB... I assume it's due to the iGPU ?

(I am worried something was wrong with the ram because CPU-Z failed to identify a ram stick twice. A stick was "unknown", and it is still "unknown" when I swapped the slots. But now it is identified after restarting)

EXPO is enabled and Memtest 86 seems able to identify the model number of both sticks, just not SPD info, firmware version also comes back as gibberish too, and reported only 31.1 available.)

The sticks already passed 2 passes of memtest86 at 2 different times, I am running a full default test right at the moment. Will update with results.

Also, I tried to update the DRAM's firmware but getting "update failed", clicked for more information it says, "Firmware update is Unavailable"... Then why it doesn't say "Latest Version" but "update failed" instead?

Corsair doesn't seem have firmware available on their website either...much appericated if someone also observing the same behavior with their sticks.

image.png.42bf5a320f880164f67915c3b02b1b94.png

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I have also been using Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 for a few months now. Same as you, I could not do any firmware update as I got the same message.

A couple days ago, I got a message telling I have iCue updates (v5). When going into the app, I saw that my RAM had also firmware updates available. I applied them after stopping Armory Crate AURA (I have an ASUS MOBO). After that, one of the sticks did not sync the color anymore. After restarts and whatnot, I realized that the 4th slot of RAM on my board had no SPD information (I checked with CPU-Z and I have an "Unknown" written there).

I fear that the Firmware update may have worked for one stick on not for the other. So I advise you to wait and not do them even if you do receive the updates.

If I could get the RAM to show SPD data once, I could force a firmware update for that stick. But unfortunately it is not working.

image.png.aa0a05c312d02b6d5c864be2442a2105.pngimage.png.abad0e01072856e710df2f9408775a4f.pngimage.thumb.png.47bae2937005b57f2b8ec6bac39da217.png

PS: I did not upgrade iCue to v5. I think it was pulled from market at the moment because of SPD write problems (found a thread on that).