sooooo my gpu exploded

bezza...

i recently got a rtx 2080 from uk second hand store CEX it has now been returned. i have never hurd of a gpu exploding before. it was the power delevery that went off and it melted the pcie slot a bit.  i am going to use the igpu in my 5600g for a bit and get somthing when next gen fully comes out. i was wondering if the pcie slot could be damaged. i email customer support but the said that they could not refund any other damages caused.

image.png.48e675fb7c6593b484b5428c2fbd1169.png

May I ask what exact make and model was it?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

8 minutes ago, Tomberry said:

i recently got a rtx 2080 from uk second hand store CEX it has now been returned. i have never hurd of a gpu exploding before. it was the power delevery that went off and it melted the pcie slot a bit.  i am going to use the igpu in my 5600g for a bit and get somthing when next gen fully comes out. i was wondering if the pcie slot could be damaged. i email customer support but the said that they could not refund any other damages caused.

image.png.48e675fb7c6593b484b5428c2fbd1169.png

That GPU slot will probably still work, it looks like the plastic piece just melted a bit. I think you can buy replacements of those if I am not mistaken

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

14 hours ago, tkitch said:

.... the GPU caught on fire?  Cuz those are literal scorch marks

i put it to sleep while running a game cabe back to burning smell. thought it could have been a powersupply that i took apart a few houres erlier it was not. did not see the  flames. there was soot on my ram it was everywhere, the pc still works.

14 hours ago, Levent said:

ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 DUAL OC 8GB GDDR6

14 hours ago, ShawtyT30beTHICCC said:

That GPU slot will probably still work, it looks like the plastic piece just melted a bit. I think you can buy replacements of those if I am not mistaken

ok cheers. lets hope so. i might not bother getting a new plastic peice tho might steel one from the other pcie slots

On 11/29/2022 at 7:32 PM, Levent said:

may i ask why?

1 hour ago, Tomberry said:

may i ask why?

People generally want to just know what to avoid if lemons like this happen. 

I love PC building and gaming. 
REMEMBER botttlenecks can happen at all points of a PC part. Make sure you are at equilibrium. For all parts unless you intend to upgrade at a later point. Also QA Tested AAA Games.