Everything loads so slowly after update

marc7636

Hi

Recently updated my bios and windows 11 to their latest versions and now windows appears to have trouble starting programs. I heard 22H2 had some problems with Ryzen so I waited until they opened up rollout again before installing and grabbed the latest bios in case that was part of the fix.

Everything works fine on start-up and everything super smoothly, haven't noticed any difference. After a couple minutes any program that start hang immediately and it hangs for at least a minute before the program gets back on with loading assets and everything else so it appears that something is stopping it from running. Other programs operate unimpeded during this and loading up another window of a program that is already open is practically immediate.
I have also noticed that when starting another program while the program is hanging also hangs the new program, but when the first program stops hanging the one started later stops hanging at the same time.

All this happens to anything from Steam (it hangs even with being open in the system tray), various games, discord (though not on start-up), GOG Galaxy and Powertoys. Some programs open the window immediately and hang, prompting windows to think it's broken, and other times i can't see any activity until the program stops hanging.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by marc7636
added question

I am rocking:
AMD Ryzen 3600x

ROG B450-f Gaming motherboard

2x HyperX Fury DDR4 2666MHz 2x8GB (4 sticks in total running at 2400MHz since 2666 is unstable)

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB as boot drive

2070 Super graphics card from Aorus

For anyone else with this issue:
I called up Microsoft support and they asked me to stop all non-microsoft services through msconfig (Win+R) and it fixed it. Several programs of course complained the services weren't running after restarting, but after reenabling the ones i need the problem still hasn't showed up again.