Case Fan Connectors Help

Sparky862

Now, I have never installed case fans in my life, local Computer shop always did it for me but now we have no local. So it's up to me to save the say.

I can install x2 120mm fans top of my case, but my problem is where to connect them?

My B660M K D4 Motherboard has no open fan headers left, and every fan I find to install requires headers.

My PSU does come with x4 Molex Connectors which I know is ment for case fans .... But I can't find fans using Molex in order to work. They all require those weird Motherboard Header connections. Do fans come with connection converters to Molex in the box I don't know of or what??

So uuuhhh, yeah ... I need help with this.

4 minutes ago, Sparky862 said:

Now, I have never installed case fans in my life, local Computer shop always did it for me but now we have no local. So it's up to me to save the say.

I can install x2 120mm fans top of my case, but my problem is where to connect them?

My B660M K D4 Motherboard has no open fan headers left, and every fan I find to install requires headers.

My PSU does come with x4 Molex Connectors which I know is ment for case fans .... But I can't find fans using Molex in order to work. They all require those weird Motherboard Header connections. Do fans come with connection converters to Molex in the box I don't know of or what??

So uuuhhh, yeah ... I need help with this.

Just get a fan hub to plug'em all and use only 1 fan header (in addition to the one for your cooler)

10 bucks 

https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Case-Fan-Hub-Distributor/dp/B0887VG14J/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3MGCP5FENUGP5&keywords=fan+hub&qid=1669400546&sprefix=fan+hub%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-3

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 minute ago, PDifolco said:

Just get a fan hub to plug'em all and use only 1 fan header (in addition to the one for your cooler)

10 bucks 

https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Case-Fan-Hub-Distributor/dp/B0887VG14J/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3MGCP5FENUGP5&keywords=fan+hub&qid=1669400546&sprefix=fan+hub%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-3

How does thos box connect?? All 4 my SATA ports are in use, have no open SATA Ports....

Or does it plug from the PSU side?

I can get this. I get a HUB and x5 120mm fans for a very good deal.

That would allow me to put

X2 front intake fan

X1 exhaust back fan

X2 top exhaust fan

But where or how do I connect this HUB? Directly to a PSU SATA or MOLEX?

I got the MSI A850GF PSU

6 minutes ago, Sparky862 said:

How does thos box connect?? All 4 my SATA ports are in use, have no open SATA Ports....

Or does it plug from the PSU side?

Yes, power is SATA no need for SATA data port board side 🙂

Then plug the fans into the hub and the hub 4pin cable into one fan header

All fans will share same PWM setup/speed obviously

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 minute ago, PDifolco said:

Then plug the fans into the hub and the hub 4pin into one fan header

Other Stupid question is my CPU is obviously using a FAN Header.

I don't know of any other FAN headers on my board?? Unless Exhaust Fan plugs into a Header?

7 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Then plug the fans into the hub and the hub 4pin cable into one fan header

Yes, board only has x1 CPU Header and x1 Case Fan Header.

So if I replace all my fans with the link provided. That means all my x5 case fans are going to plug into the HUB, meaning I can plug the HUB into the open Motherboard Header?

4 minutes ago, Sparky862 said:

Other Stupid question is my CPU is obviously using a FAN Header.

I don't know of any other FAN headers on my board?? Unless Exhaust Fan plugs into a Header?

Hmmm your board is kinda shitty, there's only 1 fan header in addition to the CPU cooler header, labelled (4), I've marked both in yellow

Plug the fan hub cable in the "CHA FAN" header

image.png.a6abe7ca655799dfe35302550cbaf026.png

3 minutes ago, Sparky862 said:

Yes, board only has x1 CPU Header and x1 Case Fan Header.

So if I replace all my fans with the link provided. That means all my x5 case fans are going to plug into the HUB, meaning I can plug the HUB into the open Motherboard Header?

Yes that's it 🙂