Need help deciding on an upgrade path!

So I’ve had my computer for about 4-5 years now and I’ve been thinking about upgrading. I’ve already ordered me a 3080 and waiting for its arrival. 

My question is, how much of a bottle neck is my CPU and mother board?

ASROCK 350 Pro4 AM4 socket

Ryzen 5 1st Gen 1600x Summit Ridge

500gb NVME SSD

NVIDIA 3060

16GB of G SKILL ram

EVGA 750w PS

I’m debating on just upgrading my CPU to a Ryzen 9 5900x but I was worried that my PCIE Gen 3 socket is going to limit what my GPU. 
Also thinking about replacing my MB and getting a 7000 Series Ryzen but then I’d have to upgrade my RAM. 

I don’t really know what the best budget route would be or if I should just say F it and upgrade my system to 7000 series ryzen. 

I would just like some feedback! Thank you!!

I think the 5800X3D is probably going to be your most logical choice here, assuming you're wanting to keep the same motherboard and ram. If you do want to switch it out, I'd probably go 13th gen Intel personally, as from what I've seen they're just better all around processors than most of the 7000 series Ryzens, and you do have the option of going with one of the DDR4 based boards as well, but if you're going to be switching out the board I'd personally go all the way with DDR5, but that's just me. Regarding PCIE gen 3, I don't think it'd make much of a difference for a 3080, maybe a few percent here and there, but it wouldn't be drastic. In the end I'd probably just go with the X3D and be done with it. Assuming this is purely gaming as there will be bigger differences between 13th gen options vs the X3D if you're going to be doing work/production tasks with it as well, but that's up to you to decide.

Main PC :

CPU = R9 3900X / Motherboard = Asus Crosshair 8 Hero / GPU = EVGA SC Ultra RTX 2060 / RAM = G.Skill 3600 16-19-19-39 ( 32GB / 4x8 ) / Cooling = Dark Rock Pro 4 / Storage = Western Digital Caviar Blue ( X4 ) Crucial 500GB NVME, 500GB 970 EVO/ PSU = Seasonic X-850 Modular / Case = Corsair Carbide 200R

Wireless = Asus PCE-AC56 / Keyboard & Mouse = Corsair K70 MX Blue, Logitech G203 / Headphones = Hyperx Cloud Alpha /