Does brand manufacturer matter a lot?

Hi! I have built my new pc fully, but waiting for my precious graphics card. I have ordered an ASUS TUF 4090 OC, but the delivery date keeps getting pushed back. Does the brand manufacturer matter a lot? I'm not gonna do overclocking, and I'm not running it watercooled. I can get hold of cards from Palit, INNO3D and Gainward. But I was really looking to get one of the big brands. ASUS, MSI, GIGABYTE. Thankyou

The main difference between companies is cooling capability and customer support.

EVGA was arguably best in the business for both until the Nvidia split, I'd probably say Asus currently has the best heatsinks. No idea who would have the best customer support.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Okay, but I won't experience that the lesser known companies aren't "as good" ? or is it simply down to cooling? Can not say I've heard of brands like INNO3D or PALIT

17 minutes ago, haovi said:

Okay, but I won't experience that the lesser known companies aren't "as good" ? or is it simply down to cooling? Can not say I've heard of brands like INNO3D or PALIT

That depends on your definition of good. Performance between manufacturers is pretty much the same and factory overclocks these days aren't as impressive as they used to be.

However, having a better cooler is still better. It might keep the card cooler, giving it some more headroom for boosting clocks and it might also simply be less noisy. And if a manufacturer is good with their warranty, this is also better if you should need to make use of it.

I would try to find reviews for these cards. There's usually some site that has comparisons between these manufacturers. They will tell you if e.g. a card's cooler is much louder than other models under load etc.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

24 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

That depends on your definition of good. Performance between manufacturers is pretty much the same and factory overclocks these days aren't as impressive as they used to be.

However, having a better cooler is still better. It might keep the card cooler, giving it some more headroom for boosting clocks and it might also simply be less noisy. And if a manufacturer is good with their warranty, this is also better if you should need to make use of it.

I would try to find reviews for these cards. There's usually some site that has comparisons between these manufacturers. They will tell you if e.g. a card's cooler is much louder than other models under load etc.

I understand, thankyou. Is there any brand you'd wanna stay clear of? Anyone in particularly known to be worse?

7 hours ago, candle86 said:

With EVGA gone, it no longer matters. 

XFX used to compete with BFG and EVGA for customer service happiness, BFG and EVGA are gone and from what I've heard XFX Customer support has gone to MSI levels. At this point buy whatever is cheaper, none of the compaines remaining have customer service that could even be rated as average. 

Yeah I dont really care a lot about the customer service as I work in computer hardware store myself and know my way around a warranty:) But I was just wondering if there was any scammy brands. Like I would never buy a Dell Graphics Cards hehe

My recent experience with Gigabyte support is one of the worst I've ever seen. So apparently the big brands can suck aswell

I managed to get my Hans on one of these PNY GeForce RTX® 4090 24GB VERTO™ Triple Fan. Is this a good option, or would you look out for other options? PNY are supposed to be a good brand as far as I know. Looks a bit dull with no Rgb as far as I can see.

• 1 month later...

Hi Haovi, did you get this card? Was it any good? I have just purchased a pny 4090 verto OC cause no other brands i recognised available and also would like to know what peoples thoughts are, in case i need to send it back before i open the box when it arrives.

Have seen lots of youtube vids praising the card and read if your not interested in overclocking then all are ok. But also saw a tear down you tube vid where the guy wasnt impressed with some of the components 😞

On 11/23/2022 at 11:29 AM, Crunchy Dragon said:

The main difference between companies is cooling capability and customer support.

EVGA was arguably best in the business for both until the Nvidia split, I'd probably say Asus currently has the best heatsinks. No idea who would have the best customer support.

I usually like the Strix designs but they have priced themselves out of my market I'm not paying more than $100 extra for it.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

On 11/30/2022 at 1:01 AM, haovi said:

I managed to get my Hans on one of these PNY GeForce RTX® 4090 24GB VERTO™ Triple Fan. Is this a good option, or would you look out for other options? PNY are supposed to be a good brand as far as I know. Looks a bit dull with no Rgb as far as I can see.

Hi, my PNY vertio 4090 arrived today and tested with FS 40th and RDR2 and few other games and maxed out all settings with no issues and good FPS.Though currently using a QHD res monitor not 4k. 

Rarely went beyond 60+ degrees and fans when they run are quiet.

Have it running on  850 watt psu using the corsair 600watt approved pcie5 cable with 2 connections from psu to the pcie5 connector on gpu. No power issues and bonus because its smaller it fits nicely in corsair 5000d case.