Silverstone RVZ01 Review - Console Size mITX Case

Anthony10

I'm not one to make a post to make you go "TL;DR" so I'll do a brief review, and a pro's and cons list.

I love this case. It can fit a up to 13 inch GPU. If you really wanted, you could watercool it too (240+120 rads) but you'd have to mount the fans outside of the case. The PCI-E connector is brilliant for mounting the GPU. I had no trouble building in this case. Cable management was a bit of a pain (pics in build log in sig), but what do you expect in such a small case.

Pros:

Space for an HDD

2 SSD Designated Spots

Fit up to 13 inch GPU

Fits thicker GPUs (I have a ASUS DCII card, which is pretty thick even for a 2 slot GPU)

Cable management do-able

Custom SFX PSU made by Silverstone for this case

Sturdy Design... sort of

Included Rubber Pieces for laying the case horizontally or standing it up vertically, however it works just fine without them. You might starve your gpu of air if you don't use the rubber grommets and lay your case horizontally though..

Fan Filters

Small flat nice looking cables sold separately but made building look much nicer and easier

Lots of ventilation

Perfect for steam boxes!

Cons:

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but there was no fastening point for my PSU, the cables hit into a wall thought infront of it, so my PSU doesn't ever slide around.

Again, maybe I'm just an idiot, but none of the screws would work with the included silverstone GPU Sag-Fixer gizmo, so I had to use a rubber band :o

Pretty Pricey, once you buy the Case, the PSU, and the if you want to small flat cable packs, you're in about $200, this is definitely not a case for budget builds.

The Plastic doesn't bother me at all, but if you're annoyed by things like that it's a con for you. The side panels are made of metal though.

The Slim Line Optical Drive is super pricey, like $70, so if you need an optical drive consider that. I'm not sure if you can even use the optical drive if you have a HDD in the spot. I didn't buy it because I thought it was a waste of money.

3 Included fans are pretty loud.

If you want to see any pics of the case in use, check out the build log in my signature.