Laptop Running Slow after Removing Battery & Running on Direct AC

I removed the battery from my laptop because it's thoroughly cooked and doesn't hold a charge much. I'm using an Acer Aspire 5 Slim (2019) | A515-54-51DJ
I intend to use this laptop only for desk usage so I don't particularly want to have the battery charging 24/7, seems like it would be a fire hazard after a good while.

But when I removed my battery from my laptop, it started slow down quite a bit when running off direct power. At least, noticing that Discord & Firefox were noticeably slower.
I changed the power plan settings to be on max performance and even went into the BIOS to see if there's any specific power settings placed when it's not running off a battery.

However, it is still quite slow.
Any ideas on what I could try?

8 hours ago, Dagoda said:

I removed the battery from my laptop because it's thoroughly cooked and doesn't hold a charge much. I'm using an Acer Aspire 5 Slim (2019) | A515-54-51DJ
I intend to use this laptop only for desk usage so I don't particularly want to have the battery charging 24/7, seems like it would be a fire hazard after a good while.

But when I removed my battery from my laptop, it started slow down quite a bit when running off direct power. At least, noticing that Discord & Firefox were noticeably slower.
I changed the power plan settings to be on max performance and even went into the BIOS to see if there's any specific power settings placed when it's not running off a battery.

However, it is still quite slow.
Any ideas on what I could try?

There might be a setting where you can limit the battery charge to 80% or something like that. But I don't know if 2019 model laptops had that already. My 2020 HP Elitebook 830 G7 has that and it basically disconnects the battery once it's reached these 80% but will still use it in case I use a weak charger that can't support the CPU boosting to up to 50W. It does it in a way that windows still says it's at 100% but the battery itself is only 80% charged. Once the battery has slowly drained down to 95%, which would happen every few days, it gets recharged to 100% (according to windows, 80% in the actual battery)

2 hours ago, DreamCat04 said:

There might be a setting where you can limit the battery charge to 80% or something like that. But I don't know if 2019 model laptops had that already. My 2020 HP Elitebook 830 G7 has that and it basically disconnects the battery once it's reached these 80% but will still use it in case I use a weak charger that can't support the CPU boosting to up to 50W. It does it in a way that windows still says it's at 100% but the battery itself is only 80% charged. Once the battery has slowly drained down to 95%, which would happen every few days, it gets recharged to 100% (according to windows, 80% in the actual battery)

Part of the issue is that my laptop battery will drain to 80% in less than an hour and the laptop is near dead after 2 hours; this is on power-savings mode and even after editing the power plan significantly. I imagine the battery would be still doing a lot of recharge cycles?

I will see if this works though - apparently Acer only allows you to limit battery charge capacity through their 'Acer Care Center' program.

17 hours ago, Dagoda said:

I removed the battery from my laptop

Some laptops will immediately slow down to a crawl when you remove the battery. It is just how they are designed.

If you have an Intel CPU, try running ThrottleStop.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

Post a screenshot of ThrottleStop with the Limit Reasons window open. It might show the reason why your CPU is being throttled. Dell laptops use BD PROCHOT throttling. If you see BD PROCHOT lighting up red in the Limit Reasons window then try clearing the BD PROCHOT box on the main screen of ThrottleStop. 

1 hour ago, unclewebb said:

Some laptops will immediately slow down to a crawl when you remove the battery. It is just how they are designed.

If you have an Intel CPU, try running ThrottleStop.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

Post a screenshot of ThrottleStop with the Limit Reasons window open. It might show the reason why your CPU is being throttled. Dell laptops use BD PROCHOT throttling. If you see BD PROCHOT lighting up red in the Limit Reasons window then try clearing the BD PROCHOT box on the main screen of ThrottleStop. 

I'll try this then!