Sudden system wide behavior while gaming.

Neko Yumi
Go to solution Solved by Neko Yumi,
1 hour ago, Gazereths said:

Well good luck to your friend I hope it get's it sorted. Report back either way 馃檪

Update !

My friend has changed his graphics card from 1070Ti to a GTX660 changed drivers and succesfully played a game of fortnite for now. Seems like atm it is indeed his graphics card..

Driver being used : 473.81

2 minutes ago, Gazereths said:

It's really not difficult, but I understand your trepidation. That being said it's a perfect opportunity to gain experience, you can't break the card any more than it is already.

Alternatively sell it on ebay as faulty (clearly explaining the issues) and put that towards a new GPU.

Definetly will consider it and even told him that already to be honest.

That's another possibility too with the current system he has, would you say a 3000 series is overkill?

I was going to point him towards a cheap 1080-2000 series

16 minutes ago, Neko Yumi said:

Definetly will consider it and even told him that already to be honest.

That's another possibility too with the current system he has, would you say a 3000 series is overkill?

I was going to point him towards a cheap 1080-2000 series

Well the 3060ti is the most I'd recommend with the 6 core, depending on resolution/refresh rate etc on the Nvidia side.

It depends where you are in the world and the deals you can get, best bang for buck new and in the UK is the RX 6700 (NON XT 10GB) in my opinion. https://www.ebuyer.com/1536717-powercolor-radeon-rx-6700-fighter-10gb-oc-graphics-card-axrx-6700-10gbd6-3dh-oc?srsltid=AYJSbAfxcc_saiLE4ZV_KxUuSj_AqFPbMzSZCZZpZHmX5QeWQOlWB3dZVEk

If you can get a used聽 RTX 2060 / RX 6600 for a good price they would be a good match for the CPU.

I wouldn't even consider anything higher than a 3060ti/RX6700 with that system. And I'd also look into replacing the PSU for something better......Even a lower wattage better quality unit.

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |聽聽GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC |聽Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0聽 Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

6 minutes ago, Gazereths said:

Well the 3060ti is the most I'd recommend with the 6 core, depending on resolution/refresh rate etc on the Nvidia side.

It depends where you are in the world and the deals you can get, best bang for buck new and in the UK is the RX 6700 (NON XT 10GB) in my opinion. https://www.ebuyer.com/1536717-powercolor-radeon-rx-6700-fighter-10gb-oc-graphics-card-axrx-6700-10gbd6-3dh-oc?srsltid=AYJSbAfxcc_saiLE4ZV_KxUuSj_AqFPbMzSZCZZpZHmX5QeWQOlWB3dZVEk

If you can get a used聽 RTX 2060 / RX 6600 for a good price they would be a good match for the CPU.

I wouldn't even consider anything higher than a 3060ti/RX6700 with that system.

Yup he was looking at a 3060 Ti at one point.

He's located in Switzerland.

I am kinda afraid of his PSU tbh, maybe a used corsair/seasonic 850 would do better.

Just now, Neko Yumi said:

Yup he was looking at a 3060 Ti at one point.

He's located in Switzerland.

I am kinda afraid of his PSU tbh, maybe a used corsair/seasonic 850 would do better.

Edited my previous post to add that exact same worry. TBH I'd try to get a new one if possible at least then you'll have warranty. Check the PSU tier list to get a decent quality unit. https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

For me It's difficult, as a personal user I like to be overkill on the PSU, but as a system builder/seller I have to appreciate that buyers will not pay more for a better PSU.....It's all about the CPU/GPU/Storage etc, so you have to balance the costs.

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |聽聽GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC |聽Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0聽 Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

7 minutes ago, Gazereths said:

Edited my previous post to add that exact same worry. TBH I'd try to get a new one if possible at least then you'll have warranty. Check the PSU tier list to get a decent quality unit. https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

For me It's difficult, as a personal user I like to be overkill on the PSU, but as a system builder/seller I have to appreciate that buyers will not pay more for a better PSU.....It's all about the CPU/GPU/Storage etc, so you have to balance the costs.

We're currently looking into what we possibly could do and set up a budget for a potential new buy but it's a complicated personal situation i will keep this professional and ask for advice whenever we have the need here thank you so much

tier list will definetly be used as a resource, however, should we take into account single/multi rails?

I don't pretend to be an expert on PSU's, the advantages/disadvantages of single vs multi rail is beyond my knowledge. I've always opted for a strong single rail TBH, with a preference for Seasonic, purely from personal reliability experience....Though I've never聽 had issues with good quality Corsair, EVGA, Be Quiet and even Coolermaster MWE v2 PSU's......But basing your purchase on any particular brand is foolish, check the exact model for tests/reviews etc.

I think with due dillegence and common sense a good PSU within your budget/power requirements is almost always attainable.

3 minutes ago, Gazereths said:

I don't pretend to be an expert on PSU's, the advantages/disadvantages of single vs multi rail is beyond my knowledge. I've always opted for a strong single rail TBH, with a preference for Seasonic, purely from personal reliability experience....Though I've never聽 had issues with good quality Corsair, EVGA, Be Quiet and even Coolermaster MWE v2 PSU's......But basing your purchase on any particular brand is foolish, check the exact model for tests/reviews etc.

I think with due dillegence and common sense a good PSU within your budget/power requirements is almost always attainable.

You are a man full of wisdom good sir will definetly do it accordingly. I was just merely wondering if you had any idea about those but i believe we're getting off topic for this thread so i think i will close it as a GPU ERROR If anything were to happen again i'll make another thread

thank you so much for everyone's help !

6 minutes ago, Neko Yumi said:

You are a man full of wisdom good sir will definetly do it accordingly. I was just merely wondering if you had any idea about those but i believe we're getting off topic for this thread so i think i will close it as a GPU ERROR If anything were to happen again i'll make another thread

thank you so much for everyone's help !

Thanks for the compliment.

Maybe start a new thread in New Builds and Planning if and when your friend needs help with an upgrade/new build. Myabe get him to join the forum also.

2 minutes ago, Gazereths said:

Thanks for the compliment.

Maybe start a new thread in New Builds and Planning if and when your friend needs help with an upgrade/new build. Myabe get him to join the forum also.

Will definetly do for him if the need arises, however, he mainly speaks a different language so i did this all for him to help!