Official response indicator

Sometimes people make threads about lmg or associated people. 

Some of these threads get super long so...

I think it'd be cool to have an "official company response" indicator. 

Perhaps with a "jump to company response" to see if either (not atting)

Linus tech

Slick

Nick light

Or other official spokesperson whose main responsibility is public relations. 

I don't think we need the symbol if Riley posts whaddup in the "just chatting" thread. 

No offense Riley. 

Sometimes the engineers chat in the maker threads so those aren't really official statement, more just hanging out. 

Helps see if an official statement has been made and what it is. 

Reason for asking?

The recent "NDA" and "case against click bait" threads are a bit long. 

I know they're not worth my time, but sometimes there are like big threads about something big. 

At the very least maybe a moderator can flag a post as "official company response" and it can be previewed/jumped to in the same way as the "latest response" thing. 

Might not work so well on mobile. 

This can also be used for like official company accounts. 

Idk how many are active now, but I remember Western digital had a public relations person that helped people with Western digital hard drives. 

The forum already supports the ability for mods to flag replies to a thread as featured "Recommended" replies, highlighting the reply and pinning the reply to the top of the thread similar to how marking a reply as best answer works. I believe this achieves what you are requesting. There have been times where we've used it to pin an important reply from LMG staff in longer threads where the reply might be easily missed (for example here), though it's not something that is commonly needed.

For the threads you mentioned in the first the reply from Linus is on the first page and there is only one page to the thread, so for now it should be pretty easy for anybody to find. The other post does not have a response from any LMG staff.

1 hour ago, fpo said:

At the very least maybe a moderator can flag a post as "official company response" and it can be previewed/jumped to in the same way as the "latest response" thing. 

I don't think it would be appropriate for forum moderators to designate posts with the term "Official company response".

1 minute ago, fpo said:

This can also be used for like official company accounts. 

Idk how many are active now, but I remember Western digital had a public relations person that helped people with Western digital hard drives. 

Industry Affiliates display an Industry Affiliate tag under their name to identify them as official representatives of their brand. It can be up to the original poster to choose to mark their comment as best solution (highlighting and pinning the reply) if the Industry Affiliate's reply provides a good solution or statement.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The forum already supports the ability for mods to flag replies to a thread as featured "Recommended" replies, highlighting the reply and pinning the reply to the top of the thread similar to how marking a reply as best answer works. I believe this achieves what you are requesting. There have been times where we've used it to pin an important reply from LMG staff in longer threads where the reply might be easily missed (for example here), though it's not something that is commonly needed.

For the threads you mentioned in the first the reply from Linus is on the first page and there is only one page to the thread, so for now it should be pretty easy for anybody to find. The other post does not have a response from any LMG staff.

I don't think it would be appropriate for forum moderators to designate posts with the term "Official company response".

Industry Affiliates display an Industry Affiliate tag under their name to identify them as official representatives of their brand. It can be up to the original poster to choose to mark their comment as best solution (highlighting and pinning the reply) if the Industry Affiliate's reply provides a good solution or statement.

I can see this. 

I figured it might help skimmers find the important parts of the discussion instead of sifting through random users more or less saying the same response for a few pages to see if any "official" response has even been made. 

Maybe a checkbox can be added for Linus tech and slick and Nick light as like "this is our response" for controversy threads or official questions to the company that are responded to. 

More of a "this makes the forum easier to read the good info" feature. Kinda like effective use of spoilers. 

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

i like the idea, i just feel like the amount of work required to implement it would vastly outweigh how often it happens.

Probably. 

Just a rare quality of life feature. 

Idk how hard it'd be to implement, but I think it'd be cool if Linus tech or whomever just ticked the box when they answered a controversial question or something instead of just chatting.