Panasonic G7 Noisy Audio

Hi All 

I have a Panasonic G7 with a BALILA lapel microphone and when ever I record a video, I have a hiss on my audio, I have dropped my gain to default and that helped but it's still there.

I am recording videos for building pcs and the like.

I suspect I may have a bad internal microphone or a crappy lapel mic.

I do have a Elgato 4k60 Pro MkII and I can stream the video to it using the micro HDMI but I want to either fix the audio hiss or replace the internal mic with an external solution.

It would be a pain to sync the audio in post but it's major pain currently to remove the noisy audio.

So I do get a external audio recorder of some kind and sync in post.

Change settings in the camera and see if I remove all the noise.

Sell the Camera and get a different one?

I don't have a major budget for this and I can't go and spend $$$ on a Sony A7 or the like.

If I could stream the video/audio to my pc and record them at the same time that would be great.

Maybe a goXlr mini and get a lapel XLR microphone and record it using OBS?

Thanks very much 

Annihilator

It's likely the G7's pre amp is just low quality and can't supply enough power without noise.  You can try a pre amp made for DSLRs and see if that works, there are cheap ones as low as $50 ones on Amazon if you want to try it out. If you want pro quality preamps the price can balloon quickly, but you can always reuse them if you ever decide to upgrade you camera.