Hardrive

kceasar78

How do I wipe my hard drive with windows 10 on it but i cant do it from settings

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if you want to format it completely, open Explorer, then right click the drive and chose to format.

If you want to re-install Windows, simply re-install Windows, no need to format it beforehand. The installer will take care of things.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

53 minutes ago, kceasar78 said:

How do I wipe my hard drive with windows 10 on it but i cant do it from settings

You can't wipe the main windows drive if windows is running to turn it into a blank disk if that's what you're asking.

You would need to boot into another live environment like Linux or use the windows installation media and format it that way.

Althernative if you want to wipe a secondary drive, you can do it via disk management when you're booted into windows 10, but again you can't do it to the drive windows is activly running and booted from.

CPU: Ryzen 5900x | GPU: RTX 3090 FE | MB: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 32gb Ballistix | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Sythe Fuma 2 | Case: Phanteks P600s | Storage: 2TB WD Black SN 750 & 1TB Sabrent Rocket | OS: Windows 11 Pro & Linux Mint

2 minutes ago, solado said:

You can't wipe windows if windows is running to turn it into a blank disk if that's what you're asking.

You would need to boot into another live environment like Linux or use the windows installation media and format it that way.

Althernative if you want to wipe a secondary drive, you can do it via disk management when you're booted into windows 10, but again you can't do it to the drive windows is activly running and booted from.

You can however do a full reset on windows 10 and choose not to keep any files. If that is what they want. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/recovery-options-in-windows-31ce2444-7de3-818c-d626-e3b5a3024da5#bkmk_reset_pc

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.