MW2 3080Ti Bottleneck?

Noob Builder
Go to solution Solved by NF-A12x25,
9 minutes ago, Noob Builder said:

Is my new 3080Ti really the bottleneck? 

yup, at higher resolutions the GPU is always the bottleneck, no matter how nice it is, as long as the CPU is not utter garbage. However, you’re using “bottleneck” wrong when benchmarking. Your GPU “bottleneck” was not 99%-100%, that is usage. It’s good when your GPU is at a higher usage than your CPU.

I recently purchased MW2 and I decided to run a benchmark using the built-in benchmarking tool. At the end of it, it said that my GPU bottleneck was 99% when it is a 3080Ti STRIX while my i7-9700k which is much older is not a bottleneck. I am also playing at 1440p, do these results add up? Is my new 3080Ti really the bottleneck? 

9 minutes ago, Noob Builder said:

Is my new 3080Ti really the bottleneck? 

yup, at higher resolutions the GPU is always the bottleneck, no matter how nice it is, as long as the CPU is not utter garbage. However, you’re using “bottleneck” wrong when benchmarking. Your GPU “bottleneck” was not 99%-100%, that is usage. It’s good when your GPU is at a higher usage than your CPU.

Just now, NF-A12x25 said:

yup, at higher resolutions the GPU is always the bottleneck, no matter how nice it is, as long as the CPU is not utter garbage. However, you’re using “bottleneck” wrong when benchmarking. Your GPU “bottleneck” was not 100%, that is usage. It’s good when your GPU is at a higher usage than your CPU.

Okay thanks for the explanation, then my next question would be that if I upgraded to a i7-13700k and DDR5 memory, would I even see a performance improvement? I planned on doing that this holiday season. 

Just now, Noob Builder said:

Okay thanks for the explanation, then my next question would be that if I upgraded to a i7-13700k and DDR5 memory, would I even see a performance improvement? I planned on doing that this holiday season. 

nah probably not, your CPU is new and powerful enough to keep up great with your GPU at higher resolutions. You’d see a performance improvement if you were playing at 1080p high refresh though.

8 minutes ago, NF-A12x25 said:

nah probably not, your CPU is new and powerful enough to keep up great with your GPU at higher resolutions. You’d see a performance improvement if you were playing at 1080p high refresh though.

Thank you for the information, I appreciate the help.