Black Shaft Driver

I ordered an all black screwdriver with an order number of 381XXX so it should be wave 2 but no updates and wave 3 drivers being sent out. What kind of time frame are we looking at for black shaft drivers?

Last I heard from WAN show is that Black Shaft were expected to start shipping this week or next week. I am black shaft in wave 1 order number 358XXX and I have no shipment notification either. It will come when they are ready I guess.

1 hour ago, lxl_Arctic_lxl said:

I ordered an all black screwdriver with an order number of 381XXX so it should be wave 2 but no updates and wave 3 drivers being sent out. What kind of time frame are we looking at for black shaft drivers?

you are conflating silver shaft shipment info with black shaft order numbers.   very common mistake.  an easy way to remember this for future is, dont make the same mistake again!   

this helpful response has been brought to you by Best Corporation Ever.  Thank you and make sure to fill out the feedback we will be emailing you shortly

Black shaft, all black screwdriver here, order #375***, wave 2. No info, no updates so far, even after contacting ltt store support, about a week ago. Ordered day 1, August 30th. 

Edit: Just got an update from support. Black shaft screwdrivers, take 3-4 more weeks than the suggested delivery date for each wave. I wish this was clearly stipulated from the get go. At least, I got the updated info. 

Edited by Alex T88

Black shaft with Orange under order #361*** . I'm assuming they are assembling all the completely black screwdrivers and then making the black shaft with orange ones last?

1 hour ago, net42 said:

Black shaft with Orange under order #361*** . I'm assuming they are assembling all the completely black screwdrivers and then making the black shaft with orange ones last?

I ordered one of each with the black shaft. Order 359xxx and received my shipping notice last night. So with a little luck yours should be heading out the door soon also. 

This is the original message I got from support, regarding black shaft screwdrivers: 

Capture.JPG

53 minutes ago, NastyFlytrap said:

Great. So i really am going to get mine in january, even though im past the shipping date already. 

Why dont they just put this information on the site ffs? Instead of having to beg support for something they should be telling us by themselves

Even though I'm in wave 2, I'll probably get mine in January as well. I live in Europe, the EU. If the national postal services will get the parcel in my country, I'm screwed. Back in spring, when I ordered the JerryRigKnife, directly from his website, took about a week to get from Utah to my country, roughly 6000 miles. From the capital city of my country, to where I live, like 250 miles away, it took 17 days to arrive. I guess I'll see. Really was hoping to get it before Christmas,though.

Im wave one and just got my confirmation for black shaft orange handle today. It would seem as though the black shaft variants are shipping now, I do wonder how many they have that are ready to go out the door right now though

really wished I did not order a black shaft screw driver + one regular one. should have ordered separate and paid two shipping costs. was wave 3 but if wave1 didnt get the black shaft yet, both my screwdrivers in the same order will probably be delayed till jan 😞 

Got my 4090 waterblock in and put it together with my ifixit kit instead 😮 

Yup. I bought a black one in Wave2, NO indication that these would be hand painted and then hand delivered by Jake. 

The worst part, I bought a Wave 4 screwdriver with a black driver once I realized they were going going to be a limited run, as a Xmas gift...didnt know that this would be a tight deadline to hit. 

Seriously guys. Communication is important. I want to love you. Right now I'm just tolerating you. 

27 minutes ago, lostboy said:

Yup. I bought a black one in Wave2, NO indication that these would be hand painted and then hand delivered by Jake. 

The worst part, I bought a Wave 4 screwdriver with a black driver once I realized they were going going to be a limited run, as a Xmas gift...didnt know that this would be a tight deadline to hit. 

Seriously guys. Communication is important. I want to love you. Right now I'm just tolerating you. 

Ya I mean according to the site the "ESTIMATED" ship time for a black shaft in wave 4 is december 20th, I cant see that being to you in time for xmas

38 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Ya I mean according to the site the "ESTIMATED" ship time for a black shaft in wave 4 is december 20th, I cant see that being to you in time for xmas

Totally fair, and I'd be giving my original Wave 2 driver as the gift if Wave 4 wasn't available. 

I didn't think it would be a tight timeline to hit, I live in Canada, I've had stuff show up in 3 days from shipping from LTT before 

3 minutes ago, lostboy said:

Totally fair, and I'd be giving my original Wave 2 driver as the gift if Wave 4 wasn't available. 

I didn't think it would be a tight timeline to hit, I live in Canada, I've had stuff show up in 3 days from shipping from LTT before 

Ya im in Alberta and in the past when Ive ordered its been quite quick but at this point with the current state of their shipments I certainly wouldnt bank on it, but my fingers are crossed for you

On 11/17/2022 at 8:34 AM, NastyFlytrap said:

I got mine too a couple days ago, but it only said details updated, so unless you're in a different boat, you're going to be waiting a while too

From the WAN show on Friday apparently they printed off a buttload of shipping labels in advance which will decrease the overall shipping time but doesn't mean it will be sent out the door in the next couple days (they mentioned that they have stopped doing that now). My tracking info still shows as "Shipping Data Received" since I got notified on the 16th. I can be patient for a bit longer though; Black Friday deals on computer parts will give it another week  before I need it 😛

At least point anyone who orders one should just sit back and think "I'll get it within the next 6 months". Like, I don't understand the enormous rush, so to speak. Is it really that big of a deal?

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

I got my black and silver shafts today,

The ratchets have two distinctly different ratcheting sounds, and the signature doesn't match?? 

Other than that the plastic feel is super top notch, way nicer than the already nice megapro stuff they licensed.  The mini bits will take a bit to get used to but they come out of the bit holder very smooth with my Linus sized hands.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

1 hour ago, NastyFlytrap said:

Either they are using two different ratcheting mechanisms (extremely unlikely), or high variance in the tolerances, which is an indicator cost cutting measures.

I'd wanna hear the difference between the 2, got no clue what the threshold for "distinct" is for the user.

On 11/22/2022 at 1:38 AM, Yoinkerman said:

and the signature doesn't match?? 

what signature, the one in the box the screwdriver comes in? can you provide some videos/pictures one of them might be a "defective" unit 

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

On 11/17/2022 at 10:34 AM, NastyFlytrap said:

I got mine too a couple days ago, but it only said details updated, so unless you're in a different boat, you're going to be waiting a while too

It took 10 days from  the time my label was printed to when the parcel was actually handed over to Canada Post.

If your in waves 3 or or 4 don't hold your breath. Wave 2 no response since payment.

Just got an update. Received a tracking number, it says on Wizmo: “Shipment Data Received Vancouver BC”. I’m in Wave 2, order no. 375***. The updated info regarding the black shaft screwdriver delay is correct in my case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 6:13 PM, Alex T88 said:

Just got an update. Received a tracking number, it says on Wizmo: “Shipment Data Received Vancouver BC”. I’m in Wave 2, order no. 375***. The updated info regarding the black shaft screwdriver delay is correct in my case.

My notification came through on 11/27 and it hasn't received an update in over a week. 🙃

12 hours ago, lxl_Arctic_lxl said:

My notification came through on 11/27 and it hasn't received an update in over a week. 🙃

Mine too. It is stuck at “label created” for 11 days. No movement.