Can't post or have any image on screen with z690-e, 13700k and corsair ddr5... help please Q Code 55

Hello, i just got this z690-e motherboard and 13700k, ddr5 corsair and psu, everything is new, in a meshify 2 case. I reinstalled the ddr5 and i removed the cmos battery but it still does not boot and always show me q code error 55 and i don't have any image on my monitor using hdmi cable straight in the motherboard. The cpu and cooler are very well properly installed. I followed every step, i'm not a pc builder it's been a while i did this but i did it many times since i'm young and never had this kind of issue.... Any ideas? Q code led on top of the segment display is yellow... Does it really mean the ddr5 has problems, i should return it?

313955719_10151874603229984_912031208287

You likely need to do a BIOS update on the board. Natively Z690 boards don't support 13th gen without it. The Asus Z690-e does have a BIOS flashback option. Download the latest BIOS from the Asus website onto a thumbdrive and format it as specified. Then stick it in the USB port that is outlined and says BIOS. Then press the button. Instructions can be found inside your users manual as well on how to perform this function.

image.thumb.png.f879ade858b67f6e84e82bd3a7d7d0bc.png

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

You likely need to do a BIOS update on the board. Natively Z690 boards don't support 13th gen without it. The Asus Z690-e does have a BIOS flashback option. Download the latest BIOS from the Asus website onto a thumbdrive and format it as specified. Then stick it in the USB port that is outlined and says BIOS. Then press the button. Instructions can be found inside your users manual as well on how to perform this function.

image.thumb.png.f879ade858b67f6e84e82bd3a7d7d0bc.png

ahhhhhh damnit... i knew about it but i forgot... Thank you!!!

Did it work ? Also if u have 4 sticks of ram there have been problems posting with xmp

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

Hey I’m also having this same exact issue, I’ve reseated everything a million times already, nothing is working. I’m trying to use the flashback with the most recent bios but my light never goes off just stays solid green. Same specs, z690-e, Corsair dominator 5200, 13700k 

On 11/6/2022 at 2:45 PM, Ebony Falcon said:

Did it work ? Also if u have 4 sticks of ram there have been problems posting with xmp

13 minutes ago, Illusion220 said:

Hey I’m also having this same exact issue, I’ve reseated everything a million times already, nothing is working. I’m trying to use the flashback with the most recent bios but my light never goes off just stays solid green. Same specs, z690-e, Corsair dominator 5200, 13700k 

yes flashing the new bios with usb flash back took like 5 minutes and it rebooted fine then i installed win10 and all is good since

14 minutes ago, Illusion220 said:

did you format the usbkey fat32?

check on youtube there is some video about this i found a few other things to try if not working