Control internet for every app

Gamer Schnitzel

Is it possible to control the internet for every app? I am trying to prolong my battery life and I dislike the fact that all apps can just connect to the internet all the time without me even doing anything which obviously drains the battery.

On 11/5/2022 at 7:01 PM, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Is it possible to control the internet for every app? I am trying to prolong my battery life and I dislike the fact that all apps can just connect to the internet all the time without me even doing anything which obviously drains the battery.

You can go into app properties, and disable Background data usage on a per-app basis. This will restrict Internet access while you're not actively using the app. 

Or you can configure your internet connection to be "Treated as metered." This basically tells the system you have cap on your internet, and so apps should only connect specifically when needed, or told to connect. 

After that, I'd personally Check your battery usage statistics. You'll see each app listed, and how much battery it's using, along with background battery drain. 

I doubt background is using any measurable amount. (In 6 hours, my Twitter background usage is less than 1 minute. That's my highest background usage.)