Msi Afterburner wrong cpu usage win11

lick321

Hey guys msi afterburner shows wrong cpu usage is there any ways to fix it? i tried to reinstall it doesnt fix the problem

Untitled.jpg

2 minutes ago, DemiGod said:

how do you know that it is wrong ?

because i checked task mananger and before i got win update it was always 10-15% usage

4 minutes ago, lick321 said:

because i checked task mananger and before i got win update it was always 10-15% usage

Are you saying that your expected cpu usage in game is 10-15% ? because it seems highly unlikely. Also of course the cpu usage is different in game than in task manager, since it has work to do besides running windows, it has to run the game too. 50/60% In game seems correct to me. If you want to double check leave the task manager running Then play your game for around 1 minute and take a look at the graph (not the current consumption) it will show how much your cpu was being used while in game. I can see that Nvidia is showing different usage, but honestly it seems like Nvidia is the one showing the wrong usage. 

3 hours ago, lick321 said:

that doesn't make any sense...

try playing in windowed mode and check taskmanager + afterburner figures *while playing the game* and compare

3 hours ago, DemiGod said:

Are you saying that your expected cpu usage in game is 10-15% ? because it seems highly unlikely. Also of course the cpu usage is different in game than in task manager

to be clear taskmanager isnt always accurate but generally for me, it reports very much the same values as afterburner.

also there seems to be a misunderstanding?  afterburner provides system load, it doesn't matter if you play a game or the system is idle.

... i use this a lot to check for other programs, because its more convenient to me than taskmanager.

lastly most my games use 2-7% cpu total on my system... so low overall cpu usage in games is (sadly) quite normal. 

3 hours ago, DemiGod said:

it seems like Nvidia is the one showing the wrong usage

agreed. nvidia monitoring is all over the place... i dont even have it installed , its useless.  it also may or may not randomly turn off your GPU fans 😬 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

40 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

that doesn't make any sense...

try playing in windowed mode and check taskmanager + afterburner figures *while playing the game* and compare

to be clear taskmanager isnt always accurate but generally for me, it reports very much the same values as afterburner.

also there seems to be a misunderstanding?  afterburner provides system load, it doesn't matter if you play a game or the system is idle.

... i use this a lot to check for other programs, because its more convenient to me than taskmanager.

lastly most my games use 2-7% cpu total on my system... so low overall cpu usage in games is (sadly) quite normal. 

agreed. nvidia monitoring is all over the place... i dont even have it installed , its useless.  it also may or may not randomly turn off your GPU fans 😬 

i got it fixed had to reinstall win

11 minutes ago, lick321 said:

i got it fixed had to reinstall win

so your usage is low again?  sounds like a messed up update then (kinda unsurprisingly) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity