Did I Just Brick My Motherboard?

My PC has an XEON E5-2690 CPU with an X79 motherboard and NVIDIA K2200 Video Card.

System uses the American MegaTrends BIOS.

I installed Windows 10 without any problems and changed the all of the CSM BIOS settings to UEFI.  

It was strange because when I tried to Disable CSM, it would show a message saying "CSM can't be Disabled because Video is in Legacy Mode"  

But this wasn't true - it was set to "UEFI Only".

I wasn't sure what to do at that point, so I changed that setting to "UEFI First"

Now, when I try to restart the computer - nothing happens.

The weirdest part is that I can't even get into BIOS.  

After pressing the power button, the system stays on the BIOS screen, beeps once (which happens three different times), and then the monitor display simply cuts off.

All lights on the PC, keyboard, and mouse turn on and seem to be working normally - but Windows 10 refuses to start.

Why is this happening?

Did I just brick this motherboard?

12 minutes ago, JudithWright said:

My PC has an XEON E5-2690 CPU with an X79 motherboard and NVIDIA K2200 Video Card.

System uses the American MegaTrends BIOS.

I installed Windows 10 without any problems and changed the all of the CSM BIOS settings to UEFI.  

It was strange because when I tried to Disable CSM, it would show a message saying "CSM can't be Disabled because Video is in Legacy Mode"  

But this wasn't true - it was set to "UEFI Only".

I wasn't sure what to do at that point, so I changed that setting to "UEFI First"

Now, when I try to restart the computer - nothing happens.

The weirdest part is that I can't even get into BIOS.  

After pressing the power button, the system stays on the BIOS screen, beeps once (which happens three different times), and then the monitor display simply cuts off.

All lights on the PC, keyboard, and mouse turn on and seem to be working normally - but Windows 10 refuses to start.

Why is this happening?

Did I just brick this motherboard?

Short CMOS reset pins on board. Need to reset BIOS and then not do what sequence of things again 🙂

Some X79 motherboards had a USB BIOS Flashback feature.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.