Please recommend me a good keyboard and mouse combo.

PancakeGiraffe

Hello all,

I'm planning to get a new keyboard as my old one seems to be dying on me. I'll keep it short and simple.

Wants:

Cherry MX Reds or Blues

Preferably Red LED Backlighting

No TenKeyLess

Macros are Unnecessary

Good Build Quality

Uses:

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Various AAA Titles

Composing E-mails and School Reports

I would also like a matching mouse to boot. Budget is probably not an issue here.

I have considered the Corsair Vengeance K70 + Corsair Raptor M45, but I thought I could get better for less.

I have considered the Razer Blackwidow + Razer Deathadder, but I tend to stay away from their products.

I have considered the Ducky Shine 3, but the spacebar on that keyboard looked absolutely out of place.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Any price range/preferred manufacturers? If you're looking for some good quality products, you could try looking at logitech's range.

Winners don't do drugs, they make them

Reds and blues are pretty much complete opposites. I have a feeling that you would be better of with brows if you want a good in-between

Personally I would say the Razxer Blackwidow Ultimate + Either Razer Ouroboros or Deathadder if you prefer optical. Don't really see any reason to stay away from Razer.

If you do though really want to stay away from them I would say the Corsair K95 + Corsair M65 is the best way to go.

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Any price range/preferred manufacturers? If you're looking for some good quality products, you could try looking at logitech's range.

No preferred manufacturers at the moment. Corsair's products seems very stylish, not sure about their quality though. On the other hand, I agree that Logitech has some top-notch stuff, but they don't have a lot of backlit keyboards that appeal to me.

Reds and blues are pretty much complete opposites. I have a feeling that you would be better of with brows if you want a good in-between

That could be an option. Do you have any keyboards in mind that fit my criteria?

Personally I would say the Razxer Blackwidow Ultimate + Either Razer Ouroboros or Deathadder if you prefer optical. Don't really see any reason to stay away from Razer.

If you do though really want to stay away from them I would say the Corsair K95 + Corsair M65 is the best way to go.

Have you had any issues with your Razer products so far? How have they been performing? How are your Cherry MX Blues for gaming?

Well, I'd go with some sort of logitech mouse. (I would have if I was right handed) And yeah, corsair are not bad when it comes to quality. So a corsair keyboard would do you just fine. If money isn't a problem then I'd go with the new Logitech G502 for your mouse and the Vengeance K95 or K70 depending if you want more macro buttons. (K95 has alot of macro's) Hope this helps mate  ^_^

Winners don't do drugs, they make them

Well, I'd go with some sort of logitech mouse. (I would have if I was right handed) And yeah, corsair are not bad when it comes to quality. So a corsair keyboard would do you just fine. If money isn't a problem then I'd go with the new Logitech G502 for your mouse and the Vengeance K95 or K70 depending if you want more macro buttons. (K95 has alot of macro's) Hope this helps mate  ^_^

Oh my. That is a very sexy mouse indeed. Almost the same price as the M45 too. Will consider. Thanks for the recommendation!