Options on cpu plugs

My mobo has 8+4 pins cables. Currently I have only 1 8pin cpu cable in. 

Running p95 always crashes. Should I plug second 4 pin in?

I'm running my 10900K on just an 8 pin at the moment i haven't experienced any crashes.  I have tweaked it down to around a 200W tau and a 150W sustained though.  Try doing that in your BIOS see if that clears up the crashing.  I think my cinescore in R23 only dropped a couple of hundred points and i'm in and out of tau quite often now rendering in Davinci Resolve 18.  It's working great

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

What motherboard you got OP?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

You don't need the extra 4-pin.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

1 minute ago, svmlegacy said:

You don't need the extra 4-pin.

With 350w?

2 minutes ago, Tedd the said:

With 350w?

Ratings for 8 pin eps seems to be somewhere ~300w though the cpu will draw however much it wants so if thats the only 8 pin plugged in itll draw 350w without hesitation so no its not a power issue, and running above spec poses no danger till you start running 600w+ through the damn eps connector where it can start heating up and if you draw too much power and it heats uncontrollably it just goes into thermal runaway (heat -> more resistance -> more heat -> repeat) and just starts burning but again thats under extreme circumstances, not sure how much you can go over the rating but there are xocers with really old platforms like x58 doing 6ghz+ shenanigans yet their damn eps cable isnt burning, prob something to do with a high quality psu and extra thicc wires

bugcheck 0x0000001a appeared to be the cause. Ram is brand new, strange.

Will run more tests

What's really fucking strange is p95 is unstable with 1.39v manual at @5.1 and 3.9 e cores.

Will do more