First PC build, is it any good? i9-12900KS

Go to solution Solved by Noble3212,
2 minutes ago, Definitely not BB62 said:

Budget (including currency): $1000 USD (not very relevant in this case)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA, Sprocket, AutoCAD Mechanical, Inventor, Fusion360

Other details

- The parts list is linked below

- I don't need any other peripherals

- I'm upgrading from a Ryzen 7 2700X, 32gb DDR4 3000 RAM, and a B350 Krait Gaming MBD, and need to buy it ASAP

The budget for this pc isn't straightforward, as I recently obtained an i9-12900KS, EVGA 3070, and a 850w Corsair PSU. My question is about the motherboard. I have in the parts list the MSI Z690-A, but wonder if it's worth spending $40 more to

get a nicer Gigabyte AORUS Elite AX. Which is better, and why? 

Capture3.JPG

Could find a better CPU and a better watercooler. But it really doesn't matter about the motherboard. But if you'd like the nicer looking motherboard so you can take some nice photos. Go ahead. Chances are the motherboard won't have that much of a improvement over the $40 cheaper one other than looks. Corsair charges to much for PSUs I would go thermaltake or EVGA for a PSU  

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA, Sprocket, AutoCAD Mechanical, Inventor, Fusion360

Other details

- I'm upgrading from a Ryzen 7 2700X, 32gb DDR4 3000 RAM, and a B350 Krait Gaming MBD, and need to buy it ASAP

The budget for this pc isn't straightforward, as I recently obtained an i9-12900KS, EVGA 3070, and a 850w Corsair PSU. My questions concern the motherboard and case.

I plan to buy the MSI Z690-A, but wonder if it's worth spending $40 more to get a nicer Gigabyte AORUS Elite AX. Which is better, and why?

Case-wise, is the 4000d Airflow enough to keep this setup cool?

Capture3.JPG

2 minutes ago, Definitely not BB62 said:

Other details

The budget for this pc isn't straightforward, as I recently obtained an i9-12900KS, EVGA 3070, and a 850w Corsair PSU. My question is about the motherboard. I have in the parts list the MSI Z690-A, but wonder if it's worth spending $40 more to

get a nicer Gigabyte AORUS Elite AX. Which is better, and why? 

Capture3.JPG

Could find a better CPU and a better watercooler. But it really doesn't matter about the motherboard. But if you'd like the nicer looking motherboard so you can take some nice photos. Go ahead. Chances are the motherboard won't have that much of a improvement over the $40 cheaper one other than looks. Corsair charges to much for PSUs I would go thermaltake or EVGA for a PSU  

18 hours ago, Definitely not BB62 said:

Any recommendations for a better watercooler?

Coolermaster might have a deal on a watercooler- But just look on youtube for reviews.