Is there a HDMI/DP + USB to USB-C converter?

Chiyawa

Hi,

Recently I'm looking at some monitor and I spotted quite a few support USB-C as data transfer and Display input and USB function in 1 cable. Is there a converter where I can plug in a HDMI or DP cable and USB cables to a device where it combines all these signals into a USB-C signals, you know, for old motherboards or systems that do not support USB-C alt mode?

Regards,

Chiyawa

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

That function is is intended to work with laptops that have one of these USB ports that have all of that plugged in and also to power the laptop. Essentially having a laptop dock built in.

Since you already need all the cables anyway but going into an adaptor rather than into the monitor directly, why spend the extra money on something that probably does not exit?

The Opposite exit, dongles that you plug into your laptop to add the ports to connect RJ45, USB-A and HDMI or DP.

2 minutes ago, Gabriel Comsa said:

That function is is intended to work with laptops that have one of these USB ports that have all of that plugged in and also to power the laptop. Essentially having a laptop dock built in.

Since you already need all the cables anyway but going into an adaptor rather than into the monitor directly, why spend the extra money on something that probably does not exit?

The Opposite exit, dongles that you plug into your laptop to add the ports to connect RJ45, USB-A and HDMI or DP.

Well, sooner or later, many manufacturer will ditch all other ports and favour USB-C because that cable can do everything. So, I'm a little bit worry because now they sprout like mushroom. Every monitor now doesn't have VGA port and it make a H. E. double hockey stick for me trying to get an old system (core 2 duo laptops that only have VGA and Video out) to connect to a modern monitor that only has Display port and HDMI ports. Getting a VGA to HDMI converter is rare and expensive. The only thing I can find that still support VGA are projectors.

With how EU forced Apple to use USB-C, they'll soon force everything to use USB-C. Soon, all manufacturer will ditch everything else.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.