RAM ISSUE, (memtest86)

Question mark??

I got this error message and I am unsure what to do. 

Maybe lower RAM speed though it is running at advertised speed?

Picture of error info: 

789283369_JPEG-bild13.thumb.jpeg.f298610eeba475bf41eb7b3d84ea3fec.jpeg 

EDIT, SPECS: 

Motherboard: ROG STRIX B550 F GAMING 

RAM: Corsair CMN32GX4M2Z3600C16

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X 

307525460_JPEG-bild14.thumb.jpeg.a479c72d5b26d075f6ec5588d6340d6d.jpeg

Full specs might help here. I've seen a fair amount of RAM instability issues with certain boards, particularly with Ryzen.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

17 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Full specs might help here. I've seen a fair amount of RAM instability issues with certain boards, particularly with Ryzen.

Updated now 

1 hour ago, Question mark?? said:

Updated now 

CMN32GX4M2Z3600C16 isn't listed on the RAM Qualified Vendor List for that board. There are instances where an unlisted product might work perfectly fine, but I've found this to be an issue with more than a handful of Ryzen processor / board combos.

Try to keep a long story short, I have a 5900X on an Asus Tuf B550-PLUS. I initially used Ballistix BL16G32C16U4B.16FE, which ran fine for a couple weeks. However, it shut down hard gaming one night, and after that froze in sleep mode and had no video every 8-12 cold boots, among other things. Drove me nuts for months, finally RMA'd board after swapping GPU and RAM tested okay (MemTest86 also).

Transferred RAM / GPU / storage to an ASRock board with a 3600X, which showed issues of a different type. Only used one DIMM, installing the second got no video on startup. This stick may have been faulty, but I don't see faulty DIMMs causing random issues like that. Within a week, the other DIMM produced random video and audio cutout when gaming. I can only presume the DIMMs were incompatible with B450 / B550 boards.

The Ballistix BL16G32C16U4B.16FE weren't on the QVL for either board, nor for a B450 I previously used them in that also had issues. I replaced them with a kit QVL'd for that board, voila. Runs perfect. Transferred the 5900X build to a different case with a RAM kit QVL'd for the Asus board and the issues have not repeated. Same timings and voltage across all three kits, BTW. I chalk it up to Ryzens and B450 / B550 boards being fussy about RAM, a known issue anyway.

You could try disabling DOCP to see if that helps, but if it does, it will likely only be a band-aid until the RAM either fails or is replaced.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

CMN32GX4M2Z3600C16 isn't listed on the RAM Qualified Vendor List for that board. There are instances where an unlisted product might work perfectly fine, but I've found this to be an issue with more than a handful of Ryzen processor / board combos.

Try to keep a long story short, I have a 5900X on an Asus Tuf B550-PLUS. I initially used Ballistix BL16G32C16U4B.16FE, which ran fine for a couple weeks. However, it shut down hard gaming one night, and after that froze in sleep mode and had no video every 8-12 cold boots, among other things. Drove me nuts for months, finally RMA'd board after swapping GPU and RAM tested okay (MemTest86 also).

Transferred RAM / GPU / storage to an ASRock board with a 3600X, which showed issues of a different type. Only used one DIMM, installing the second got no video on startup. This stick may have been faulty, but I don't see faulty DIMMs causing random issues like that. Within a week, the other DIMM produced random video and audio cutout when gaming. I can only presume the DIMMs were incompatible with B450 / B550 boards.

The Ballistix BL16G32C16U4B.16FE weren't on the QVL for either board, nor for a B450 I previously used them in that also had issues. I replaced them with a kit QVL'd for that board, voila. Runs perfect. Transferred the 5900X build to a different case with a RAM kit QVL'd for the Asus board and the issues have not repeated. Same timings and voltage across all three kits, BTW. I chalk it up to Ryzens and B450 / B550 boards being fussy about RAM, a known issue anyway.

You could try disabling DOCP to see if that helps, but if it does, it will likely only be a band-aid until the RAM either fails or is replaced.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I didn't even know Qualified Vendor List even existed. I will try to do a band aid fix for now by turning off DOCP and scaling down the frequency to 3200 MHz. Tomorrows task is to run one of another lengthy MemTest86 and see if it temporarily fixes the issue. 

15 minutes ago, Question mark?? said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I didn't even know Qualified Vendor List even existed. I will try to do a band aid fix for now by turning off DOCP and scaling down the frequency to 3200 MHz. Tomorrows task is to run one of another lengthy MemTest86 and see if it temporarily fixes the issue. 

I didn't know either until I ran across one. Your 3600's base frequency will likely be more like 2666 or 2993 Mhz without DOCP. Simply turn off DOCP and don't mess with the manual timings or voltage. See if it runs any better.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!