Intel XMP Ram with AMD Processor and Motherboard

RRProclaim

I have the ASUS ROG Crosshair x670e extreme.  I plan to both game and do video editing on this computer.  Is the ddr5 RAM below compatible with this motherboard and with the Ryzen 7950x?  I see conflicting accounts saying that Intel XMP RAM will work with AMD components, but wondering if I should wait for AMD Expo chips to come out in 2x32GB size.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/651260/gskill-trident-z5-rgb-series-64gb-(2-x-32gb)-ddr5-6000-pc5-48000-cl30-dual-channel-desktop-memory-kit-f5-6000j3040g32gx2-tz5rk-black

Thank you.

The kit is not in the motherboard memory QVL nor is the x670e Extreme in the kit's motherboard QVL.

The motherboard memory QVL lists DDR5-5600 as the highest speed 2x32GB kits.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Given what you just mentioned, can 5600 M/Ts be overclocked to 6,000 M/Ts?  I didn't do much overlocking on my previous PC but would like to try on the new system.  Most websites state that the "sweet spot" for the 7950x is 6,000 M/Ts, so trying to get close to that.

No idea. But there are several articles on the web that discuss overclocking of DDR5 memory. As with DDR4 memory IC used makes a difference, so some research may be necessary before selecting a kit.

There is also the new "AMD EXPO" line of memory, which isn't listed on ASUS's QVL for the X670E, yet the AMD EXPO DDR5 memory (by G.SKILL, for example) presumably only exists to be used with this motherboard.  

G.Skill doesn't list any 2x32GB EXPO kits. It's probably just a matter of time.

• 2 weeks later...